I Lichen Texas

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Nowhere on Earth is the weather as nice as Texas in October. I Lichen Texas (ha ha ha) How wonderful. The boss always has his bbq out at the ranch. This year because of all the rain in the spring, the pond was up quite a ways.

P1240625.JPG

P1240669.JPG

I Lichen Texas (ha ha ha)
P1240674.JPG

P1240732.JPG

owner of the boots, and that's no bull. Double Ha.... sorry, couldn't resist.
P1240801.JPG

P1240921.JPG

...and some great food!
P1240923.JPG

737tdi

Hunter
Glad you had fun at the BBQ Kevin. Judy and I spent the afternoon doing some target practice in the backyard. Mostly just the little MkIII .22s. Had to go to Lowes in the am. I never new you couldn't use CLR on tub spouts, eats the little plastic diverter for the shower head. Yes, the last few days have been great.

Karl

graygun

Hunter
I spent Sat night in Hutchins and was at the race in Ennis on Sunday. The weather was 70s-80s with low humidity.

Thanks. Yeah this ranch is up near Decatur Texas. It's sort of flat. I think the countryside is definitely prettier down near you DA in Grandbury. Or over towards Ennis... My gun range is down near Gun Barrel City. Even that is prettier than around Denton and Decatur.

We have never lived where it is so flat says someone who used to drive over Queen Anne Hill on his way to work.

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
With all due respect, Kevin, fall in Tennessee ain't no slouch, either.

Bob Wright

Bob. I know, after I wrote best place in the Fall ever, I got to thinking about it. It isn't really. Idaho in October is pretty nice. Crisp mountain air.

I also miss the trees changing color. The weather in Texas is more three seasons than four. Or even two and a half...

graygun

Hunter
Yeah,it's not a truly four season state but no harsh winter. You guys have lower humidity up there in the greater DFW region. That picnic must have been very enjoyable.

bogus bill

Hunter
Winter of 1963/1964 my company sent me to Rosenburg Texas. My first morning on the job it was warm and muggy. I was working in my T-shirt. Other contractors were packing it up and saying something about a northerner coming. I thought you candy butts as I was from Wisconsin.
I never seen the temperature drop so fast in my life it went from something like 80 degrees down to a heavy snowstorm in like a hour! Unbelievable!
Think it was just after that president Kennedy was shot.

737tdi

Hunter
Well a little story about the recent weather and luck. A few days ago it was 95 degrees here and fairly humid. I noticed our home AC seemed to be surging and having a hard time starting up. Hmmmm what's up. Looked into it and the blower seemed to be burning itself to a crisp. Had to go to work so had no time to find the part. That night it was still hot but only the wife was at home. Found the part in TN and got it coming this way. Fortunately the next day a cool front came through and it has been comfortable in the house with no AC. Part is due in on Thursday. What a difference one week makes, we would have melted if what was the week previous.

It has actually been quite nice sleeping with the windows open. Haven't done that in years.

Karl

Colonialgirl

Hawkeye
Quickest weather change I ever seen was in Millington TN on the Navy base, when I was in about the 4th grade; Thanksgiving morning, out in the yard in shorts, thin blouse and Barefoot along with the neighbor kids playing, By nightfall we had 3 to 4 foot of snow.

Latest posts