I just called one of the big Wholesale Dist. and asked...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

biggameballs

Bearcat
chm270 said:
Gander Mountain in Lacrosse, WI always seems to have one or two. One in the case and a new one in back.
Haven't been there recently, but I'd be willing to bet they have one or two.

I dont know if they still do. I just called a Gander here in MN and they just sold the one they had and said that they showed zero in stock at any of their stores and the price was changed to something that ended in 14 cents in their system which was typically reserved for something that had been discontinued.

Maybe they're done ordering them until they can get them on a consistant basis.

piccolo

Bearcat
Anybody wants one bad enough, looks like Kittery Trading Post has some. And, at a good price!! Add $25 for shipping to your FFL and $25 for your FFL to do transfer... you're into one for $690!! Not a bad price if you REALLY want one bad enough.

As of 12/9 they are out. Put my name on the list in case they get any more.

Atec

Bearcat
piccolo said:
Anybody wants one bad enough, looks like Kittery Trading Post has some. And, at a good price!! Add $25 for shipping to your FFL and $25 for your FFL to do transfer... you're into one for $690!! Not a bad price if you REALLY want one bad enough.

They quoted me retail plus shipping ? :evil:

revhigh

Hawkeye
Atec said:
piccolo said:

They quoted me retail plus shipping ? :evil:

LOL !!! Such a deal !!! :roll:

How many did you order at an OTD cost of about $850 ??

REV

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Ok, folks...Let me shed some light on this whole KTP, price & availability thing. Looking at the dates of the $639 quotes, that was the price for that weekend, one of their annual Ruger Weekends when all Rugers get a discount. I was there that weekend and saw them there at $639 - they had 12. A day later, the sale is over so yeah, the price goes back to the usual price - just how sales work, you either get in on it or you don't. Don't cry if you miss it.
They've had a few shipments of 10 or 15 thus far and I know they're expecting another sometime soon. They are essentially their own distributor so they have the obvious access to them in quantity, something the small shops simply cannot do. Smaller shops, or most shops really, have to depend on a separate distributor, one that a thousand other shops are buying from too. When there's shipments, that's getting divided by a LOT of shops all over the country. Turning over the numbers they do allows this system to work for them. Now add in that they also buy from the same distributors the rest of the country's shop do and their chances of getting that hard-to-get model are even better.

Atec

Bearcat
[/quote]

LOL !!! Such a deal !!! :roll:

How many did you order at an OTD cost of about $850 ??

REV[/quote]

I bought ten ....... going to list them on gun broker for 999.99 each ! :lol:

Well like Blkhawk73 wrote above I will just keep searching. I was not aware that the 639.00 price was a sale price the first time I called.

Jon S

Bearcat
I called Kittery and ordered one, they said they have 13 on order, expect them sometime shortly and as of my call 10 of them were spoken for.
I talked to Dana first. He told me they were being sold for $639 and $30 shipping. I called back and talked to Jerry (I think) who told me they were 669. I put a hold on one and hope to get one soon. Should be interesting. They told me because it was a regular stock item, no prepay was necessary. We will see how long it takes to receive a call.

DerekSBF

Bearcat
I got one on order with Kittery as well, placed it on the 9th, was told they had a bunch coming in and that I would be 6 or 7th on the waiting list. I hope they come in soon!

BuddyK-9

Bearcat
I spoke to Ruger's Marketing and Sales Department two weeks about the Lipsey's Exclusive NMB in 45LC/45ACP revolver. After that conversation I asked about the SR1911 and was told the problem is not manufacture but distribution. I was given the impression that manufacturing is doing well with changes suggested after range trials and customer feedback (minor stuff) but that distributors do have their guns. After seeing the posts on this thread I tend to beleive that supply and demand $$$$ is in the hands of the distributors and dealers.

revhigh

Hawkeye
BuddyK-9 said:
I was given the impression that manufacturing is doing well ... but that distributors do have their guns.

That is just total crap ... so Ruger is saying that their distributors HAVE THEIR GUNS and are just refusing to sell them to dealers .... BULL....

That sounds like a good business decision by the distributors ... Hey guys ... let's just sit on this inventory and not sell it for MONTHS AT A TIME ... just to pi$$ everybody off, and make our inventory costs go through the roof.

Sure .... thanks for the info Ruger ... good to know it's not a supply and demand issue ...

REV

hittman

Staff member
Oh, it seems to be a distribution problem all right.

Some get them and some don't.

The Wall

Single-Sixer
I have to agree with you on this one Rev. Like Judge Judy always says, "If it doesn't make sense, then it's probably not true." Maybe they send most of them to certain distributors and if your dealer doesn't do business with those distributors you may have problems getting one. The thing is if you really want one you will wait, or keep looking on a daily basis until you find one.

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
Remind me..Has any one of our esteemed Stalwarts contacted the Big Guy at Davidsons' to ask about this situation/on-going issue? HE WAS OF IMMEASURABLE HELP WITH A SITUATION i BECAME EMBROILED IN AND WAS THE mODEL OF SUPPORT, IDEAS AND "fIX IT"..........jUST SAYIN' AND SUGGESTIN'........ 8)

hittman

Staff member
So this guy at Davidsons will or can get SR1911's to the distributors our local gun stores buy from?

dfloyd57

Bearcat
Was told last week by the owner of my LGS the reason they don't have any is because they won't accept the "package" arrangement. Says to get one SR1911 he has to accept a bunch of other Ruger models - some he may have difficulty selling. FWIW.

Chris

Blackhawk
I have been waiting for months, I don't know what the delay is, its not like Ruger is retooling the plant, They are Usually on point, but with the 1911, they dropped the ball badly.

They manufactured this weapon to primarily compete with the Kimber custom II and theSpringfield both price wise and quality wise, personally the nod goes to the Ruger.
Called the Prescott office and spoke with the marketing director, She says they are making 2000 per week, and yet they are far few and in between up here in the North East.
Yet
They released the Single 10 and Now the Ruger 3600 (sr22) in droves...something stinks!!

revhigh

Hawkeye
Chris said:
Called the Prescott office and spoke with the marketing director, She says they are making 2000 per week

Suuuuuure they are ..... :roll:

REV