I got this guy on my game-cam

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
Well, I pulled a few of my game camera SD cards today. I had some pics of this guy,, hanging out near my gun range,,,! If he'll show up, in daylight, in 2 more weeks,,,I'll invite him to come home with me.

callshot

Blackhawk
Tyrone, are you challenged for visitors at your house? He might eat you out of house & home! Good luck if you invite him, but you better have a huckleberry shake ready. Steve

snappy

Single-Sixer
Great looking bear! At first I thought he was tagged in the right ear, but I guess it looks more like his hide on second glance. If he hangs out at the range then he must like shooting haha. Hope he comes around for you contender. Good luck!

A

Anonymous

contender said:
Well, I pulled a few of my game camera SD cards today. I had some pics of this guy,, hanging out near my gun range...

Is that another game-cam hanging on the tree behind the bear? How often do you pull the SD cards? What kind of cameras do you use?

Don't shoot the bear. That ol' bear's just trying to get by...like so many of the rest of us.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Always enjoyed watching bears lumber around. Only seen a couple up here in the wild but have watched the big ones, brown, grizzly, polar in captivity and they're darn impressive. Smart creatures.
Curious though…if he doesn't accept your invitation home, whatcha gonna do to pursued him? ;)

Hey TY you better put him in the freezer this year before he gets any bigger they get chewy any bigger than that but on the other side of the coin that hide would make a great throw for the back of your favorite chair :) :)
I will keep my fingers crossed for you

GRAMPS

contender

Ruger Guru
I'm baiting him with huckleberry shakes. I actually have several pics of him on two separate evenings. My invitation will be for him to adorn my floor. (Miss Penny wants a rug, & I want a full mount.) No chair throw for that hide!
Yes, I have several cameras in that area. It is another one behind him. It's up higher due to my wanting some "taller" shots as he feeds on some of the fruit trees there. I have apple, peach, percimmon & pear trees around there. I pull my cards at random, when I want to see what is happening in my area. I also have a pack of feral dogs (6 of them) that roam through too. They are gonna meet a sudden stoppage of roaming if I see them too. About a mile away, somebody is feeding this pack of dogs, right near a grocery store. A complaint was made to animal control, but no action was taken,, so far,,,!

This bear has wandered up on my gun range, and even on the back porch of the old house I have at my range. (Lou, Pam, it was this year, not last year.) He only seems to visit when the fruit is dropping,,,! I still have some stubborn pears & apples that are available. he may make the mistake of showing up when I'm in a stand nearby. And yes, I do eat bear meat.

luckyday

Blackhawk
No complaints about bear meat, it's good eating. There are plenty of them up here in Northern Maine. You are right about the feral dogs on your property, they need to go. Good luck and happy hunting.