I Finally Gave In

Help Support Ruger Forum:

..and bought a Mark IV. They looked so shiny and new in the display case that I couldn't help myself. I'll have to say that Ruger has really stepped up their game. Not only do they produce a quality firearm, they provide a FREE piece of Ruger signature luggage! I did check and the MKIV fits nicely in the much smaller MKII plastic case.

5en7oDIl.jpg

Group photo with KMK10. At 53.5 ounces, the MKIV feels heavier but I don't have any way to weight the MKII. The barrel doesn't seem to be tapered like the MKII so that might account for some difference.

OQ9ACn4l.jpg

Go check; there might be one waiting in a LGS near you...…...

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
Love my Mark IV 10"er. I have mine set up with quick release scope rings and a Red Dot and A 2x7-32 scope also. Great shooter. Leave the optics off and the scope rail allows you to use the factory sights.

transalp1961

Single-Sixer
I have a ton of Mark IIs and also finally aquired a couple of the Mark IVs. One is the 10" stainless like you have. I did put in the Volquartsen trigger parts and man what a difference it made. I think it has be best trigger of all my Ruger Mark pistols, which all have Volquartsen trigger parts.

jstanfield103 said:
Love my Mark IV 10"er. I have mine set up with quick release scope rings and a Red Dot and A 2x7-32 scope also. Great shooter. Leave the optics off and the scope rail allows you to use the factory sights.

What base did you use?

SGW Gunsmith

Blackhawk
contender said:
They may seem a little nose heavy,, but those dern guns SHOOT!

Nice MKIV !!!

Agreed! Involving all the .22 rimfire pistols, Rugers and others, that I've tested .22 rimfire ammunition, in my Ransom Rest, both of these pistols shoot the tightest groups:

gWYixVVl.jpg

Doug in Alaska

Bearcat
Have a couple of them also and they are awesome. So educate me, what does SGW mean? Looked it up and definition is Single Glazed Window, Semi Giant White (rabbit type), Sliding Glass Window, Senior Grand Warden, and Shotgun Wound. Sorry, I guess I'm an old guy.

Montelores

Buckeye
SGW Gunsmith said:
contender said:
They may seem a little nose heavy,, but those dern guns SHOOT!

Nice MKIV !!!

Agreed! Involving all the .22 rimfire pistols, Rugers and others, that I've tested .22 rimfire ammunition, in my Ransom Rest, both of these pistols shoot the tightest groups:

gWYixVVl.jpg

Hi -

Can you share which ammo performed best?

Thanks -

Monty