I eat my words.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

REP1954

Blackhawk
When the LCR came out I thought to myself why bother. I mean another composite small revolver that out weighs the ones that are already out there. So I turned my nose up in the air to it and said plastic just dont belong on a revolver not even for sights. Well two guys I know pretty good work at a local shooting range/ gun shop and kept telling me what a great little gun it is. Last week when I was at the range one of them got me to hold one very much against my free will. I checked it out a little and it seemed quite well made although not at all pretty as a S&W 642. Then I looked through the sights. Well no S&W J Frame with fixed sights ever came out of the factory with a sight picture this nice I said to myself. Then they told me to go ahead and dry fire it. This was one of the rental guns and had been broken in for sure but wow it was one of the best dbl action only triggers I have ever used on a small revolver as good as my Sig DAK. The grip was a little more hand filling then the 642 and felt kinda nice. I didnt let on after I handed it back as I didnt want to scar my pride how impressed I was. I went back to the range tonight to do some shooting and said what the heck and rented one along with a box of PMC 132gr. FMJ. This is one great little revolver and very accurate. 2" at 7yds. to 6" at 25 yds. for the first time shooting it. I dont think I will be buying one right away but I will wait to see how well they hang together and pick one up used as I dont really have a vacant spot to fill with one right now. So I eat my words for being a little bull headed. I guess its not the first time and it wont be the last I'm sure.

contender

Ruger Guru
I applaud you for being man enough to admit you were quick to judge w/o actually seeing one.
That was my main point when they were announced. Too many folks pass judgement w/o actual experience.
I wasn't keen on the pictures I saw of them,, but I held off until I saw one. The gun looks better in reality than in pics. Then when I shot one,, it was very nice,, and well worth further inspection. The one I tried first was one with the CT grips. I had no problem,, but Miss Penny felt the recoil was a bit too stiff for HER preferences. She hasn't tried one yet with just the Hogues.
Again,, I applaud you.

djw54

Single-Sixer
REP1954":167ayemj said:
...Well two guys I know pretty good work at a local shooting range/ gun shop ... This was one of the rental guns and had been broken in for sure but wow it was one of the best dbl action only triggers I have ever used on a small revolver...

Don't believe it, REP. That rental LCR at Silver Bullet is "special". Look at what it made me do...

Um, BTW, that flyer was called... :oops:
I can't remember if this was at 7 yds or 10, but I felt pretty good about it.

Edit: I found my original post of this; 7 yards, and the 4-shot group measured 3/4" :D