I am a clutz

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Sturgell

Bearcat
I dropped my cylinder stop spring and plunger somewhere in the house and haven't been able to locate it yet. Assuming I have to replace it where is the best place to buy them?

G2

Hunter
Ruger, probably the cheapest shipping.

MidwayUSA

Brownells

41 mag fan

Single-Sixer
You do know all you have to do is get the new parts in and installed then the old ones will climb out of the woodwork, :lol: :lol:

Sturgell

Bearcat
woodpile":ry04een5 said:
You do know all you have to do is get the new parts in and installed then the old ones will climb out of the woodwork, :lol: :lol:

I know that is why I ordered 2 sets, in hopes that they will multiply.

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
That's why I always try to have a cat in the room when disassembling something I'm unfamiliar with. They're real good at finding where something lands... ;)

-- Sam

Cholo

Staff member
I have a magnet that's supposed to lift 50+ #'s or so. I've found all sorts of things that went boiiiiing. Mostly non essential stuff like brake springs. It has an O type ring in the center to attach a lenght of rope. It's maybe 6"x2". I don't use it much, but when needed, it's sure helped and I wouldn't be without one.

You'll end up finding them though...embedded in your bare foot :wink:

flatgate

Hawkeye
That's exactly why I have a decent "parts box" in my Dungeon. One never knows when one may "need something"......... :roll:

flatgate

yessir, the good old magnet on the end of a dowel rod ,a good flashlight,keen ears and hearing for that proverbial little "ting " ( click?) of any part hitting something ( unless you do stuff on carpetting and that is a NO -NO.......) and then finally by the book:

Gunsmith position #1....".on your hands and knees, carefully looking."
8)

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
Sturgell":3i2ufgi2 said:
I dropped my cylinder stop spring and plunger somewhere in the house...

Somewhere in the house? Well there is always the vacuum cleaner. :roll: :roll: :D

...Jimbo

Jimbo357mag":2d5dd5jw said:
Sturgell":2d5dd5jw said:
I dropped my cylinder stop spring and plunger somewhere in the house...

Somewhere in the house? Well there is always the vacuum cleaner. :roll: :roll: :D

...Jimbo

Just make sure you use a pair of your Wife's(old) panty hose over the hose as a filter so it doesn't get damaged by the vacuum motor

Kanook

Buckeye
What's a vacuum?

For the guy's: How many men does it take to vacuum a house? None, it's a womens job.

For the ladies: How many men does it take to change the toilet paper roll? Nobody knows, it has never been done before.