Hunting success this morning

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Alabama, in the bend of the Tennessee River
412962958.jpg

Took these two about 5 minutes apart this morning with my S&W model 24 .44 special, using heavy handloads and my home-cast 250 gr gas check semi-wadcutter hollowpoints (the 429244 Thompson designed bullet in hollowpoint form). Both ran about 40 yards and crashed. Blood trails you could have followed at a fast walk, but not really needed since neither made it out of sight. They are destined for venison burger and sausage except for the backstraps which will go to the grill. Yum.

Going back again Friday with the Ruger Flattop .44 7 1/2". I carry the short-barreled S&W sometimes when also carrying a rifle; the 7 1/2" Flattop when strictly handgun hunting.

mm6mm6

Blackhawk
Wow! Deer with a 4" S&W Model 24 .44 Special! Outstanding and Skeeter would be proud!

What distance (approx) did you shoot them at?

6GUNSONLY said:
Ha well I'd like to say they were like 110 yards but in truth I could have killed them both with my longbow just as easily. The doe was about 20 yards and the spike was about 7 yards. Walked right under my ladder stand.
Nice pair. Go ahead and say that you got both while they were on a dead run at 150 yds. Who's gonna know the difference? :D :D :roll:

smoke-eater

Blackhawk
Now I understand why you've been so busy! :D
Congrats on taking two fine whitetails, and on your handgunning skills.
I'll be heading out with my bow this afternoon.

Jeff