Hunter or Bisley Hunter

Help Support Ruger Forum:

T_Sebastian

Bearcat
Hello all. This is my first post here so take it easy on me. :mrgreen:

I recently got my hands on a Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 magnum revolver. My question is: Is there an easy way to tell if it is a Bisley Hunter or just a Hunter?

I don't see "Bisley" stamped on it anywhere, but the grips look more to me like the ones I see in the Bisley pics rather than the regular Hunter.

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
If it is a Hunter model it will say Hunter right on the top strap and will have a rib on top of the barrel. There are Supers that are not Hunters in both Bisley and plow handle versions. Here is a Bisley Hunter Super.
http://www.ruger.com/products/newModelSuperBlackhawkBisleyHunter/models.html

T_Sebastian

Bearcat
Yeah, Im sure its a Hunter, just not sure if its a Bisley. It appears that the wood has been replaced since they don't have the Ruger logo on them. Ill try to post a pic...

Joe S.

Hunter
that would be a Bisley Hunter. nice gun! that is the exact gun that got me started on this wild addiction to single actions...

the grip frame and hammer make it a Bisley. welcome to the forum!

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
Yes, It`s a Bisley hunter with some after market (custom) grips and it appears the sights have been changed also.
OH ! I forgot!! WELCOME !!

Nowata

Single-Sixer
First: welcome to the forum. That is a Bisley Hunter. I have, and love mine. It is a handloaders dream. You would be surprised at how you do not have to "up" load a .44mag. to make it "game-getter"(wow-bad english!). I shoot a 260gr. WFNGC at about 1050-1100fps...double shoulder, 2 holes....red dot sight.....cool gun. Good luck, ask questions

Chuckbuster

Single-Sixer
Welcome to the forum, just be careful who you hang around with here. If you aren't this could happen

What am I saying "could Happen" IT WILL!!!!!!! :)
Kevin

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Welcome.

The rear sight blade (only) has been changed to a peep sight. The red ramp front sight blade has been changed to a fiber optic. Both can be changed back. The front has a push button to release the blade for swapping.

Latest posts