Bearcat
great read 1 of my teton pics from my similar trip about 5 years back
P1000993.jpg

KWYJIBO

Blackhawk
tomc1965 said:
great read 1 of my teton pics from my similar trip about 5 years back
P1000993.jpg

Cool pic. It looks like you got more weather than I did last weekend. I was up there Memorial Day weekend a few years ago (the opening weekend for Yellowstone), and it was chilly, but there was no more snow at that time than they have this year in JULY!

Welcome to the forum!

JWhitmore44

Blackhawk
KWYJIBO said:
I've been on lots of trips with a buddy who rides a DR-650. You feel pretty small when the guy on the dual sport 650 has you by 250 cc's! The DRZ is a great bike, though. Some of our trips even warranted choosing small, light, dirt-capable bikes. More often, they're places where a GoldWing would be appropriate.

I'd like to say I ride this little machine by choice, but actually, it's only because I have no other motorcycle. I hope to change that someday, maybe next Spring. But even if I get something that's bigger, faster, more powerful, and that offers wind protection, I'll still stick to the backroads and state highways.

The only way to go. Even though you can do interstates on bikes just as well as cars the back roads are the way to go. As they say, it's about the ride not the destination. I usually keep a dirt bike around too for dirt roads and trails, a XR650L. But I often thought that I really should have got a DRZ :)

bigwill124

Bearcat
What a great trip and photographs Love them and the seance is amazing, ALso great part is traveling on a bike must of been a blast.

KWYJIBO

Blackhawk
J.P., have you ever heard of Crazy Beaver Creek? I learned a tall tale about John Colter that I sometimes tell around the campfire, and it mentions someplace by this name in Sunlight Basin, but I never knew if such a place really exists.

RMHoward

Single-Sixer
What a cool trip! I had a DR650 in the mid 90s that i loved. However, after an hour of riding my rearend was numb. Not sure how you survived all those hours riding. Lots of breaks for pics im guessing. Good job! Thanks for sharing.

Ruger Packer

Buckeye
Thanks for the tour!! It really brought back some wonderful memories of the times I've spent in the area. I have relatives in the Cody/Powell area. And, also worked all over the north central and northwest part of the state on a seismograph crew in my younger years.

When we worked in the Cody area in the summer of '75, motel rates were kinda expensive due to it being tourist season. So I bought a tent and stayed at the Ponderosa Camp Ground during the summer.

IMG_1314.jpg

Have always liked Cody and lots of other places around there. I need to go back and spend another summer there.....

Scott

Single-Sixer
Thanks for the pics! I'm planning on hitting some of those areas this fall on my bike. Will be traveling from Missouri with a couple guys from Illinois & Arkansas. We'll be on touring bikes, though, so probably won't hit some of the backcountry like it looks like you did.

gatling

Blackhawk
Great trip report, great photography, and very cool bike. Touring on a dual sport is the way to go, in my opinion. Your sense of adventure comes through well in your writing. Thanks for sharing.