How to identify a tang safety stock

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Reload1

Bearcat
I've been looking for a stock for my left handed 375 Ruger Alaskan. I've found one for a really good price but he isn't sure which model of stock it is. He has some pics but I don't have a tang safety stock or gun to tell the difference. Are there any distinguishing cuts that would allow you to tell the difference just from pics? Thanks, Bill

Reload1

Bearcat
JP, Thanks for the reply. So if it is cut for the left handed bolt then it should work with my 375 as long as it is a standard long action?

j p sixguns welldone

Single-Sixer
it needs to be the magnum barrel contour came from 7mm rem mag 300 win mag 338 win mag etc, but the 375 ruger has recoil crossbolt and the first 375 rugers with wood stocks had some spliting problems at the rear tang, my first 375 split the wood stock at the tang, ruger sent me a new one no problem,my stainless 375 ruger has a laminated stock no problems, but both have crossbolts, it is something to be aware of, hate to see it split there or some where else on ya, there could also be some minor fitting and bedding issues. ruger should have some wood or laminated stocks available for the southpaw 375 ruger. hope this helps good luck. jp

Reload1

Bearcat
Thanks guys, I guess I should just bite the bullet so to speak and order a spare stock from Ruger. I think I should at least find a laminated stock.

Latest posts