How good are these?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

boomer92266

Single-Sixer
I have some good IWB holsters but want to get some OWB holsters and found a good deal on these, BLACKHAWK Leather Compact Askins Holster. How good are these?, the only thing I don't like is no sweat shield but I can add that. No strap to keep gun in holster too has me to worry but I wonder if retention will be enough? Thanks

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I've had a preference for the Askins Avenger style holsters for years. Mine have always held in place well enough for my purposes. For being in the bush, on a horse or ATV I always use a strap. Biggest issue to me is the trigger guard being covered.

Bubbas358

Bearcat
May I suggest looking at Simply Rugged for a very good OWB holster. I have used their OWB for both revolvers and semi's for well over a decade without worry for anything.

I prefer to carry without a retaining strap, and just make sure that the belt is sturdy and reasonably tight......nothing moves for me. Leather has worked best for all my holsters, save only ONE kydex for a Canik once, and for my money.....Simply Rugged has shown to be my best source.

Latest posts