How durable is a LCR?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Jayhawkhuntclub

Buckeye
Joined
Aug 28, 2007
Messages
1,096
Location
Kansas
Is this a gun that you will hand down to your grandkids? What do you think? Obviously, the amount of use is a major factor. Let's say moderate use (25 shots a month).
 

d findley

Single-Sixer
Joined
Aug 1, 2005
Messages
212
Location
lubbock, tx
It is made by Ruger. That says a lot. You can bet the design has gone thru every test imaginable before it was put on the market. Their products have stood the test of time, unless abused. Even with that they do pretty well.
 

hutchman

Blackhawk
Joined
Jan 8, 2006
Messages
865
Location
Benton City, WA
I carry mine every day.......I'll let you know how it holds up in 20 years. This isn't a gun you want to shoot every day though. It hurts me every time I pull the trigger.
 

revhigh

Hawkeye
Joined
Aug 31, 2005
Messages
5,590
Location
PA
d findley":2ati9jqe said:
You can bet the design has gone thru every test imaginable before it was put on the market.

ROTFLMAO !!!!!!
 

c.r.

Single-Sixer
Joined
Apr 23, 2008
Messages
436
Location
Texas
Black Dog":2tgj6v4b said:
Remind me, please. ROTFLMAO means what? Black Dog

Rolling On The Floor Laughing My _ _ _ Off

i think we can figure what the A stands for
 

jimhoff

Bearcat
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
20
Location
Alaska
I really, really like the LCR. Way better than the LCP and it's accuracy is good. Seems like a tough little gun that will hold up very well. With .38 it does not hurt and the sights are big enough to see unlike the LCP.

Edit: and the trigger is excellent---go pull one.
 

revhigh

Hawkeye
Joined
Aug 31, 2005
Messages
5,590
Location
PA
Black Dog":brtjgt0c said:
Remind me, please. ROTFLMAO means what? Black Dog

I'm not saying that there are any current or future problems with the LCR, but the idea that Ruger actually tests or QC's products extensively before releasing them is pretty funny. Especially on the semiauto side of things.

REV
 

Sugar River

Buckeye
Joined
Aug 25, 2008
Messages
1,052
Location
S Florida
The engineer I spoke with at SHOT said they had put 10,000 +Ps thru one pistol for an endurance test. YMMV.

Pete
 

d findley

Single-Sixer
Joined
Aug 1, 2005
Messages
212
Location
lubbock, tx
revhigh":9a39w7yh said:
Black Dog":9a39w7yh said:
Remind me, please. ROTFLMAO means what? Black Dog

I'm not saying that there are any current or future problems with the LCR, but the idea that Ruger actually tests or QC's products extensively before releasing them is pretty funny. Especially on the semiauto side of things.

REV
 
Joined
Mar 24, 2006
Messages
3,829
Location
MANSFIELD, OHIO USA
d findley":q33mt4of said:
revhigh":q33mt4of said:
Black Dog":q33mt4of said:
Remind me, please. ROTFLMAO means what? Black Dog

I'm not saying that there are any current or future problems with the LCR, but the idea that Ruger actually tests or QC's products extensively before releasing them is pretty funny. Especially on the semiauto side of things.

REV
That could explain why Ruger has done so poorly the last 60 years.

+++++1 Donny!!!!
Terry
 

hutchman

Blackhawk
Joined
Jan 8, 2006
Messages
865
Location
Benton City, WA
hutchman":132te291 said:
I carry mine every day.......I'll let you know how it holds up in 20 years. This isn't a gun you want to shoot every day though. It hurts me every time I pull the trigger.

uhhh, sometimes I should read before posting.......I have an LCP....sorry.
 

Bear Paw Jack

Hawkeye
Joined
Dec 19, 2001
Messages
9,497
Location
Alaska, Idaho USA
T.A. WORKMAN":2nyrdf32 said:
d findley":2nyrdf32 said:
revhigh":2nyrdf32 said:
Black Dog":2nyrdf32 said:
Remind me, please. ROTFLMAO means what? Black Dog

I'm not saying that there are any current or future problems with the LCR, but the idea that Ruger actually tests or QC's products extensively before releasing them is pretty funny. Especially on the semiauto side of things.

REV
That could explain why Ruger has done so poorly the last 60 years.

+++++1 Donny!!!!
Terry

+2 I'd have to say there's a better chance of the LCR holding up than most of the LW Smiths. Not to mention it's got a lot better trigger.
 

steveodtw

Blackhawk
Joined
Jan 16, 2009
Messages
963
Location
SE Michigan
I was puzzled by the "hurts me every time I shoot it" comment. Makes sense now that I know it was about an LCP. Never shot one, but I know I can comfortably and accurately put 100 rounds through my LCR. Now one of my favorite Rugers (its still butt-ugly). I carry it everywhere.
 

billccm

Bearcat
Joined
Feb 24, 2009
Messages
62
Location
Tucson
I just put 50 rounds through my LCR tonight at the range, and every time I use this gun I remind myself that this was a great purchase.

For me, I can hit the target better with the LCR than any 38 special I have ever shot. I like the trigger, grip, and overall feel.

I am very happy with the little revolver and recommend it. If my wife gets her CCW, I will buy another LCR for her.

Take care, Bill
 

clayflingythingy

Single-Sixer
Joined
Sep 4, 2007
Messages
360
Location
ky
d findley":z7y734q0 said:
It is made by Ruger. That says a lot.

What is that supposed to mean?

The Ruger of today is not the same company as when the old man was running things. That the LCR will be as durable as an SP101 remains to be seen.

And given Ruger's recent track record with new introductions, I'd be leery of assuming anything new from Ruger is gonna be bull strong and problem free.
 

revhigh

Hawkeye
Joined
Aug 31, 2005
Messages
5,590
Location
PA
clayflingythingy":cv0q9x7d said:
d findley":cv0q9x7d said:
It is made by Ruger. That says a lot.

What is that supposed to mean?

The Ruger of today is not the same company as when the old man was running things. That the LCR will be as durable as an SP101 remains to be seen.

And given Ruger's recent track record with new introductions, I'd be leery of assuming anything new from Ruger is gonna be bull strong and problem free.

Unfortunately, 'Made by Ruger, that says a lot', doesn't necesarily say a lot of good things anymore .... I hope they straighten things out with their QC and design areas and get their act together again.

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=66322

REV
 

Latest posts

Top