How durable is a LCR?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Jayhawkhuntclub

Buckeye
Is this a gun that you will hand down to your grandkids? What do you think? Obviously, the amount of use is a major factor. Let's say moderate use (25 shots a month).

d findley

Single-Sixer
It is made by Ruger. That says a lot. You can bet the design has gone thru every test imaginable before it was put on the market. Their products have stood the test of time, unless abused. Even with that they do pretty well.

hutchman

Blackhawk
I carry mine every day.......I'll let you know how it holds up in 20 years. This isn't a gun you want to shoot every day though. It hurts me every time I pull the trigger.

revhigh

Hawkeye
d findley":2ati9jqe said:
You can bet the design has gone thru every test imaginable before it was put on the market.

ROTFLMAO !!!!!!

c.r.

Single-Sixer
Black Dog":2tgj6v4b said:
Remind me, please. ROTFLMAO means what? Black Dog

Rolling On The Floor Laughing My _ _ _ Off

i think we can figure what the A stands for

jimhoff

Bearcat
I really, really like the LCR. Way better than the LCP and it's accuracy is good. Seems like a tough little gun that will hold up very well. With .38 it does not hurt and the sights are big enough to see unlike the LCP.

Edit: and the trigger is excellent---go pull one.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Black Dog":brtjgt0c said:

I'm not saying that there are any current or future problems with the LCR, but the idea that Ruger actually tests or QC's products extensively before releasing them is pretty funny. Especially on the semiauto side of things.

REV

Sugar River

Buckeye
The engineer I spoke with at SHOT said they had put 10,000 +Ps thru one pistol for an endurance test. YMMV.

Pete

d findley

Single-Sixer
revhigh":9a39w7yh said:
Black Dog":9a39w7yh said:

I'm not saying that there are any current or future problems with the LCR, but the idea that Ruger actually tests or QC's products extensively before releasing them is pretty funny. Especially on the semiauto side of things.

REV

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
d findley":q33mt4of said:
revhigh":q33mt4of said:
Black Dog":q33mt4of said:

REV
That could explain why Ruger has done so poorly the last 60 years.

+++++1 Donny!!!!
Terry

hutchman

Blackhawk
hutchman":132te291 said:
I carry mine every day.......I'll let you know how it holds up in 20 years. This isn't a gun you want to shoot every day though. It hurts me every time I pull the trigger.

uhhh, sometimes I should read before posting.......I have an LCP....sorry.

T.A. WORKMAN":2nyrdf32 said:
d findley":2nyrdf32 said:
revhigh":2nyrdf32 said:
Black Dog":2nyrdf32 said:

REV
That could explain why Ruger has done so poorly the last 60 years.

+++++1 Donny!!!!
Terry

+2 I'd have to say there's a better chance of the LCR holding up than most of the LW Smiths. Not to mention it's got a lot better trigger.

I was puzzled by the "hurts me every time I shoot it" comment. Makes sense now that I know it was about an LCP. Never shot one, but I know I can comfortably and accurately put 100 rounds through my LCR. Now one of my favorite Rugers (its still butt-ugly). I carry it everywhere.

billccm

Bearcat
I just put 50 rounds through my LCR tonight at the range, and every time I use this gun I remind myself that this was a great purchase.

For me, I can hit the target better with the LCR than any 38 special I have ever shot. I like the trigger, grip, and overall feel.

I am very happy with the little revolver and recommend it. If my wife gets her CCW, I will buy another LCR for her.

Take care, Bill

clayflingythingy

Single-Sixer
d findley":z7y734q0 said:
It is made by Ruger. That says a lot.

What is that supposed to mean?

The Ruger of today is not the same company as when the old man was running things. That the LCR will be as durable as an SP101 remains to be seen.

And given Ruger's recent track record with new introductions, I'd be leery of assuming anything new from Ruger is gonna be bull strong and problem free.

revhigh

Hawkeye
clayflingythingy":cv0q9x7d said:
d findley":cv0q9x7d said:
It is made by Ruger. That says a lot.

What is that supposed to mean?

The Ruger of today is not the same company as when the old man was running things. That the LCR will be as durable as an SP101 remains to be seen.

And given Ruger's recent track record with new introductions, I'd be leery of assuming anything new from Ruger is gonna be bull strong and problem free.

Unfortunately, 'Made by Ruger, that says a lot', doesn't necesarily say a lot of good things anymore .... I hope they straighten things out with their QC and design areas and get their act together again.

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=66322

REV