HORNET TRIGGER ASSEMBLY

Help Support Ruger Forum:

oyeah

Bearcat
has anyone use the hornet trigger assembly? and how would it compare to KIDD or VQ? I'm looking to find an assembly for around $100

wwb

Hunter
I have the Hornet, my son has the Volquartsen. Darn hard to tell the difference.... in fact, the Hornet might be just a bit crisper.

If you have an older 10/22 with the cast aluminum trigger housing, send it to them, and they'll fix it up for about $70. Their complete drop-in assemblies run from about $90 on up, and come in the plastic trigger housings.

Sal1950

Blackhawk
Don't have one but heard lots of good things about them around the web. If your looking to spend a $100 it's your only choice in that price range anyway..
Sal

oyeah

Bearcat
WWB which one of the Hornet assembles do you have? theres a few different ones but them seem the same trigger pull and all other then the red trigger.

wwb

Hunter
I have the "B" trigger assembly. Had it for about 4 years now, and conservatively 2,000 rounds. Never a hiccup.

oyeah

Bearcat
i just ordered the Hornet B assembly i should have it friday so I'm going to the range tomorrow (12apr12) then ill go back after the upgrade and ill let ya all know how it works out...

oyeah

Bearcat
i got the Hornet B trigger assembly yesterday and went to the range after i installed it. even tho i can't compare it to VQ or KIDD it was was beautiful compared to the stock trigger I'm really happy when with it and didn't spend the money on a VQ or KIDD i guess now ill see how it works in the longterm..

oyeah

Bearcat
i got the Hornet B trigger assembly yesterday and went to the range after i installed it. even tho i can't compare it to VQ or KIDD it was was beautiful compared to the stock trigger I'm really happy when with it and didn't spend the money on a VQ or KIDD i guess now ill see how it works in the longterm..

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Kidd the the creme de la creme bar none! One will be used on a current build. As for the VQ and others...well, I have the VQ TG2000 and won't buy another. You're basically paying for the housing and name as the trigger itself, the feel of it I should say, is no better than the GOOD reworks by the likes of TT Shooter and Brimstone and they're 1/2 the price if not more. Now besides those two there's Jard. It is simply fan-freakin-tastic! 8) Worth it's cost 100%! Haven't tried a Hornet yet but hear good things about them. I recently tried one of the new Kidd DIY kits and I must say it is awesome - THE best DIY kit going (and I've tried a few)
LOTS of folks ask and only ever know the common names and never look at anything else. I really believe that the vast majority of those wanting the fancy named trigger would be more than satisfied and quite impressed with just the basic hammer change.

mishtub

Blackhawk
I did the BBT-Special Edition-2.5 adding the overtravel trigger set and it is just as they advertise it. No pretravel, breaks crisply @ 2.1 to 2.3 lbs with just enough overtravel to reset reliably. Would get another one in a heartbeat. Arrived USPS on Monday after ordering on the Friday b4.

mishtub said:
I did the BBT-Special Edition-2.5 adding the overtravel trigger set and it is just as they advertise it. No pretravel, breaks crisply @ 2.1 to 2.3 lbs with just enough overtravel to reset reliably. Would get another one in a heartbeat. Arrived USPS on Monday after ordering on the Friday b4.
I got the same one in on Friday except I had them build mine in gray to match my stainless. It feels wonderful, most likely the nicest trigger I have ever felt.

I cannot way for next weekend to hit the range with it? :) :twisted: :shock: