hornet bolt shim

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ukian

Bearcat
well hello every one,just beginning my love afair with rugers,and its going well,got me a mk1 77/22 hornet,tried her for the first time last sun with factory ammo,grouping,s are not what ime used to,usually shoot a cz 452 style,with moderator,but grouped well enough at 50 to 70 yds to take out bugs,bout 1 1/2",should be better when i get my 35g v max,and lil gun loads through her,and i get used to the rifle,and a mod on the front,any way wondered did any one have any info pics,on shimming the bolt on mine,it does feel a tad slack to me,but never had one before so not sure,so want to get it done,i expect the groups to shrink when ive put a few more rounds through her,here is a few pics for now,if the link dont work,let me know and i will pop some pics up,oki doki,ian
http://s220.photobucket.com/albums/dd22 ... net%20new/

mattsbox99

Hunter
I think you need to shoot more through it and give those Lil Gun loads a try, they worked in my gun, which shoots about 3/4" with the Hornady 35 grain bullets and 13.0 grains of Lil Gun.

I'm using an RCBS Competition seater die to keep the necks from getting squished.

Welcome to RF!

ukian

Bearcat
hiya matt,picking up my reloading kit this saturday,got a load of cases to resise,and 40 i fired off last sunday,so hope fully get some lil gun loads through her this sunday,depending on the weather,its bliddy cold and snowing over here at the mo,- 3 to -7,and the wind is biteing,so does not take long to get numb fingers,its just frustrating when you get new toys and cant get out to play,cant wait for the weather to break for the better,got me a lot of bunnies to cull,oki doki,ian

Big Bubba

Single-Sixer
Putting a shim between the bolt sections definately helped my brother's Ruger Hornet. He was just about ready to wrap the Ruger around a tree before I did the "shim fix."

ukian

Bearcat
hiya folks,i am back to work tonight,will have a wander through the fitting shop,see what material i can turn up,might just get lucky,cheers,ian

Latest posts