holster for 22/45

Help Support Ruger Forum:

57Frontier

Single-Sixer
Has anyone found a holster that they like for their 22/45? I'm having a tough time finding one that fits well. Any style.
Also, what about aftermarket grips for them. I have the frame that has the molded in style grip.

pyth0n

Buckeye
I have a 22/45MKII and also having a hard time finding a holster. The ones on the Ruger site won't fit the 22/45MKII. The polymer frame is wider than the standard frame.

Brules, is yours a 22/45?

mjh

Single-Sixer
I had a Battlecloth holster when I had a 22/45. Quality made holster Balistic nylon lightly padded, flap style holster, had extra magazine pouch, belt, pack or should carry. I was very happy with it's use while in the field.

If you do a google search you'll come up with lots of photos.

Old22mag

Bearcat
Here's what I use, Bianchi #89L.

100_0634.jpg

100_0636.jpg

100_0637.jpg

mardee

Bearcat
I have the Ruger 22/45 5"...here is what I use. Fits well and the price id right.
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ItemDetail.aspx?sku=55099

kcmitch

Bearcat
I just checked this item out and it looks pretty good. I plan to put a red dot on my 22/45 and this would work out great. Check out this link. Good luck in your search.

http://www.gunblast.com/BlackMax.htm

pyth0n

Buckeye
old22mag, When I saw your picture, I remembered I had one of those in my holster collection. I bought it years ago for my MKII Gov. Model. Thanks for the memory jog. :)

SGW Gunsmith

Blackhawk
Have you considered this holster as offered by Black Dog Machine? This holster can be converted from right-hand to left-hand, has an adjustable tensioner and available in a high-ride or low-ride style. The Mark III 22/45 in the picture is the "railed" version and as you can see, optics mounted will work in this holster. Around $38.00 from Brownells.

P5160001.jpg

louiethelump

Buckeye
D A Wood:

I looked at those and read some feedback. Many said it is very hard on the blued finish. Have you found that to be the case?

Also, is that the gun with the rail on the top and bottom? I have been lusting after one of those. I want to put a light on the bottom and a halo sight on the top. I understand it will not go in the holster with the light on it, but will it go in with the lower rail in place?

Thanks

Louie

57Frontier

Single-Sixer
D A Wood said:
Have you considered this holster as offered by Black Dog Machine? This holster can be converted from right-hand to left-hand, has an adjustable tensioner and available in a high-ride or low-ride style. The Mark III 22/45 in the picture is the "railed" version and as you can see, optics mounted will work in this holster. Around $38.00 from Brownells.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac356/SGWGunsmith/P5160001.jpg[/img
][/quote]

Father-in-law has one similar to that, and I did consider it. I finally found a chunck of leather and stiched up a pancake style holster. I'll post some pics of it when I get a minute.

SGW Gunsmith

Blackhawk
louiethelump said:
D A Wood:

I looked at those and read some feedback. Many said it is very hard on the blued finish. Have you found that to be the case?Also, is that the gun with the rail on the top and bottom? I have been lusting after one of those. I want to put a light on the bottom and a halo sight on the top. I understand it will not go in the holster with the light on it, but will it go in with the lower rail in place?

Thanks

Louie

Louie,

No, I haven't noticed that bluing wear is happening. Because of the tensioning capability I keep the pistol a bit tight during the "scoot & shoot" events we do, but being a somewhat "hard" plastic, I can see how that finish wear would be a concern. All of my Mark II's and III's will fit in this holster and YES, this is the Ruger Mark III 22/45 RP with the rails and threaded barrel. Waiting by the mail box for my tax stamp from ATF for the suppressor.