HKS Speedloaders are all them junk?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wvrick

Bearcat
After looking at the speedloader, I remembered the 44 Mag I had jiggled, and the 357 Mag don't. I seen that the clip the touches the base of the case pushes the round toward the center of the loader. When you put the loader in the cylinder the bullet go's on ok but it catches on the brass at the crimp. You can wiggle the loader to get it in, but I opted to remove the tip of the small fingers that press the round toward center. It works great if you don't mine the rattle the loaded speedloader now makes like some of the other calibers loader do. the 38's are not as much a problem so I left that loader alone and just did the one used for 357 Mag.

A

Anonymous

The HKS Website says that some of their loaders (like my model 29's) work better with some "jiggle" as they call it. The model 29's work OK in my Redhawk, and the "jiggle" is handy, helping the bullet noses into the chambers. Now I just need to find speedloader holders for them.

Tom

wetidlerjr

Single-Sixer
Ale-8(1)":c6rtgvjl said:
Pal Val, what exactly does your comment have to do with the subject of this thread????

Pal Val":c6rtgvjl said:
Someone please 'splain to me why anyone would want to buy a .44 special just to stoke it up to near-.44 mag loads? Doesn't it make more sense to load down a "real" .44 mag?

Just a random thought...

:wink:

RKBA4CA

Single-Sixer
I bought a bunch of 29-M speedloaders and tried 2 out of the lot. Neither of them wanted to work in 44 RH as the rounds tilted out and were very hard to align with the chambers even when rattled in. I don't have a fortune to ship them back and forth to HKS and just sold them to the owners of other brands. No idea if they were defective or not - they looked fine and absolutely same within the lot of 10.

WESHOOT2

Hunter
-I have used HKS speedloders successfully since 1976; I've used them for S&W M67 and M38; I've used them for Security Sixes and GP100s in 357, and in Redhawks chambered in 357, 41, 44, and not quite as happily, I used my M29s I use for my 44 in my 45 Colt.
While they kinda worked, I'd instead recommend the M25-5 for the 45 Colt.

I have had perhaps one hundred of them. I still have twenty or thirty around, because I use them in the M38, the GPs, and for USPSA competition with my 357 and 44 Redhawks.

DPris

Buckeye
I've used HKS speedloaders for over 35 years & they work fine for me.
Denis

JHRosier

Single-Sixer
I bought HKS loaders for my 7-shot 686 and they were useless. I could not find any way to contact them on the web and the packaging was carefully devoid of any contact info.
I bought speedloaders from 5Star ( http://www.5starfirearms.com/speed_loaders.html ) and they work perfectly.

Jack

RKBA4CA

Single-Sixer
JHRosier said:
I bought speedloaders from 5Star ( http://www.5starfirearms.com/speed_loaders.html ) and they work perfectly.

Jack

Are 5Star twisty type or pushy type?

Meeko

Single-Sixer
Scotsman1886 said:
I use the Safariland Comp 2. I like them since they only require a push to release the rounds.
I think the "A" means the rounds shake tho. I have a "10" and a "10-A" and the "A" has wiggle and the other doesn't

I have had great luck with the Safariland Comp 2's and 3's. They are the quickest for me. Nothing to twist just push it in and it's automatically releases. The Comp 3's seem to "trow" them forward due to it has a sping where the Comp 2's don't. In the GP 100 the Comp 2's might work a little better than the Comp 3's with the older wood panel rubber grips unless you shave "a little" off the left sid of the grip in the rubber part.

When I carried a revolver for duty (I carry it off duty these days) I used both Comp 2's and 3's for duty and they held up well even with being dropped on the range or if they came out of my pouch when those arrest ended up on the ground etc. And they never ejected the rounds from the loaders.

Good luck

stantheman86

Buckeye
I only carry either HKS speedloaders or Tuff speed strips with my CC guns.

I have HKS loaders from the 70's on up to new ones and all of them are fine.

HKS has been the "standard" for LEO's for decades, they are hard to accidently "unload" and they are affordably priced.

I bought a few used ones to use for range training, so I can drop them on the ground and not have to "baby" them.