Henry .41 Magnum rifle

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rangerbob

Buckeye
Knowing that there are many .41 magnum revolver shooters on this site, I thought I'd post some information on the new Henry in .41 magnum. I got one in last week from Lipsey's along with a Sig AR for a client. My sales rep at Sports South called the next morning with one as well. When I opened the box, I was impressed with the wood quality, checkering, fit and finish, and over all workmanship. I ran 50 rounds of cast bullet ammo through it without problems, except looking for the brass. It may be the perfect companion for the .41 Magnum revolver shooter if a long gun is wanted or needed and I don't see a 77-41 on the horizon! Bob!! :mrgreen:

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Thanks for the post. I've been shopping around for new lever gun in .41. Good to see Henry offering it. I'll have to save up for it, but I can wait. :)

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Hmmm, Have a minty Markin 184FG that has been at the forefront of the "let it go" list but do love the .41 mag. May have to see. :)

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
That is great news for the .41 magnum fans. There hasn't been a .41 mag rifle available since Marlin stopped making the 1894-FG about 10 years ago. :D

BlkHawk73 said:
Hmmm, Have a minty Markin 184FG that has been at the forefront of the "let it go" list but do love the .41 mag. May have to see. :)
You should have let it go before now if you wanted top dollar. :D

Arky

Single-Sixer
I have my LGS looking for one! The price he gave me was through Lipsey. I think the Marlins will come down now. I saw one at a show about a month ago for $950 (first one I have seen under $1200). If he had taken a card, I would have come home with it.
I hope the bore matches one of the bullets I load for. I reload .410 and .411 now. I have a SBH that the groove measures just under .410 and if I go any larger than 215gr bullets they are hard to get in the cylinder at .411 so it gets the .410gc at 230gr.

rangerbob

Buckeye
My Henry shot my cast bullets well, nice round holes at 50 yards. I also have one of the older Marlin 1894 .41 Magnum straight stock rifles in near new condition that I acquired "right" that I sorta made into a safe queen. I have too many revolvers to list and just acquired a 10" T/C barrel for my Contender. FYI, the .41 carries a dealer cost of $109 more than the other Steel Big Boys rifles. I suspect HRA had a substantial expense in tooling and proof load ammo cost to absorb, plus the fact that it's a unique caliber. Bob!! :mrgreen:

rangerbob

Buckeye
Another .41 Magnum tale. I was surfing Midway's site Sunday and noticed a free shipping offer so I ordered 60# of Rainier bullets. I requested 1000 of Rainier's 200 gr. 45 RN bullets which were on sale. I had just completed a 1000 round run of loading 45ACP's with this bullet. The other bullet was 1000 of Rainier's 220 grain .41 FP. I have not tried any of these before due to their lack of availability and figured they would be a fine bullet for the Henry or any of my revolvers. At 12 cents apiece delivered, they are 1/2 of what jacket bullets run and my supplies of cast bullets are limited. If anyone has any experience with these bullet, please advise. Now if my postwoman can get them out of her Jeep to deliver them, all is well. Bob!! :)

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
Rainier's .41 mag bullets must be fairly new as I have not seen them before. I have bought and shot a lot of Barry's plated .41 mag bullets and they are just as good if not better. :D

Latest posts