help ID this New Model Blackhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ed333

Bearcat
I just acquired a 4.5" barrel blue NMB in .357 Mag., with brass grip frame and faux ivory birdshead grips (with no emblem). Serial number of 36-494** would indicate a 1984 build date. I cannot find any reference to this configuration in the Blue Book...can anyone tell me what it is I have? Photos attached...warning, these are taken with Photobooth on my iMac, so they are mirror image. The gate is on the right side, not the way it appears in the photo.RugerNMBbh-RH.jpg/img]
[img]RugerNMBbh,LH.jpg/img

Well, it seems I do not know how to post photos here...I can email to anyone who wants to see.

thanks, Ed

Ed333

Bearcat
kooz said:
My guess is that you have a Blackhawk with one of Milt Morrisons Qualite gripframes.

Having googled the term, I think you may be right. If well fitted, would this be a value enhancement? The metal to metal fit is perfect, and the fit of the faux ivory grips is very good.

I assume there is no concern for strength, but I intend to shoot only .38 specials in any event, hand loaded on the mild side.

roylt

Hunter
It only adds value if you think it does. You get what you are willing to pay for. Personally I like the brass look but would not pay extra for it. Also the bird grip is not my favorite.