Heads up--slick Ruger scope mount for MKii/Mkiii/Mkiv

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wolfee

Blackhawk
These were discontinued years ago, but apparently Ruger found some laying around somewhere. They show them as "subject to stock on hand" at shopruger.com. The last time I bought one I thought I had paid closer to $50 for the thing. At 15 and change they are a bargain. They aren't as adjustible as the new type mounts, but if you can make your scope fit, they provide a cleaner looking install plus you get to use Ruger steel rings.

http://shopruger.com/22-Target-Pistol-Scope-Base-Adapter-Standard/productinfo/90011/

Here is a better pic of the base mounted on a Mkii
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/586087348

SGW Gunsmith

Blackhawk
Keep in mind that if you go with that "steel" base, and it is at a very good price, you will need to use Ruger rings or, aftermarket rings that clamp onto that base in the same manner that the Ruger rings do on their rifles and handguns. The rings, front and rear are the same, #4. Medium height rings were included with the Ruger Mark II Competition Target, back during that period.

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
Not heavy at all. And $15 can hardly be considered expensive. They are my preferred mount for the MkII hands down. Can't get a more rock solid base in my opinion and if you find the extended base like on mne , it gives a bit more room for your scope. I have a few of these stashed away so Im set if I decide to scope any of my others.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
I posted about these in the "Hot Deals" section of shopruger a couple of weeks ago. I prefer the original Ruger Target steel mount design as-opposed to the el cheapo extruded $2 aluminum Weaver-type rail. I can torque steel and it stays put with quality optics riding atop. ;)

Yes, they were supplied with the stainless MkII Competition Target Models, and SOME of the blued 22/45 6 7/8" CTMs via Davidson's; but AFAIK none of the Great Eights or D&T'd 10-inchers. Info?

Sux that they are gone already - I understand the old stock was 'found' recently so I don't anticipate they'll be making anymore.

- for those who have these mounts - Save those plug screws!

Latest posts