Hard Rubber Grips

Help Support Ruger Forum:

copen

Bearcat
Morning folks,
Anyone know if these grips are available for the NMSS Blackhawk? Ruger tells me no, not from them.
Thanks, c

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
Are you talking about real hard rubber, or black plastic?

I ordered these from Brownell's, black plastic:

These came on my .44 Special Flat Top:

These are for the smaller Flat Top/New Vaquero grip frames.

Bob Wright

if you notch the top front, and elongate the locatiing pin holes, the newer , I call "anniversary style" XR3 grips will fit the old model XR-3 of the 50s, and 60's...gotta be straight down the back, NO flair at the bottom ala "reds" (redesigned ).........

4ajbsc5m.jpg

even Colt Single action army aftermarket grips can be made to fit any XR-3......

dyKG13Sm.jpg

Hondo44

Hawkeye
copen said:
Morning folks,
Anyone know if these grips are available for the NMSS Blackhawk? Ruger tells me no, not from them.
Thanks, c

Are you talking about a large cyl frame NM SS Blackhawk or a NM SS Flat Top Blackhawk mid-size cyl frame?

The current black grips for the large frame Blackhawk are available with bird medallions only.

For the flat top Mid-size FT Blackhawk you can have black grips to fit either with medallions or embossed logo like Bob's in the 2nd post above.

copen

Bearcat
Dang, you guys are quick. This is a large frame NM SS Blackhawk with the slight flair at the bottom rear part of the grip frame. Hard rubber would be first choice for durability, black plastic, acceptable. No real big deal, just think they'd look good on the stainless.
Appreciate your help folks.
c

copen

Bearcat
By the way, I've got rubber Pachmayr grips on a couple Smith's. That's the material I'd prefer but Pac doesn't offer'em in the original grip panel configuration.
c