Hank Williams Jr. Ruger Revolver

Help Support Ruger Forum:

48flyer

Single-Sixer
Sorry for the tease, but now that I have your attention, I have a serious wanted ad.

I have long been a fan of Hank and Ruger and am curious if anyone on the forum, or someone you know, has a gun that was owned by him, and would be willing to part with it.
To me that would be the highlight of my collection. I don't care what caliber, or if it's an old or new model, just that it's a revolver and could be authenticated as belonging to Hank Jr.
I know it's a long shot, but you guys have a great resource, and wealth of knowledge, So I figured I would ask.
Any leads are appreciated. Thanks, and have a great day!
Todd

For a few years Hank Jr. would have a few table @ the Gun Show in Missoula, Montana every first weekend in August. At the show he always have some of his guns for sale. My wife made me buy one of his custom 44 flattops with a brass frame & his 'H' on the top of the back strap. I believe that is the only one I have left & it is the wife's.
Did some trading with him over the years also.
Do you have one of the Hank Jr. Case Knives he gave out to his hired hands & friends?

ncrobb

Single-Sixer
I had the opportunity one Sunday afternoon in January of 2014 to hold in my hand a TLA West Texas Flat-top Target that Mr. Grover had built for Hank Jr. It was a very fine revolver but the best part about it was it had been used for its intended purpose. It looked like Bocephus had shot and carried it rather often. I don't get giddy or star struck about such things but it was a rare opportunity I am thankful for.

flattop44

Buckeye
Hank was set up in Tulsa this past April. Had several fine and rare Sharps for sale, pricey but would have been a great opportunity for you.
FT44

48flyer

Single-Sixer
Thanks for the response guys.
I'm not usually a collector of celebrity items, in fact, I have none, but I always thought it would be neat to have one of his Rugers, since I really enjoy both them, and his music.
Steve, I do jot have a case knife. That'd be neat too.
Any photos of any of his stuff?
Thanks

kysinglesix

Single-Sixer
Shooters Supply in Louisville KY has a pistol from his collection but I can't recall if it was a Ruger or not. You can Google them and find their number pretty easy.

Claims Rep.

Single-Sixer
Check/Google a store in Tuscaloosa, AL called Woods & Water. I know for a fact that they've had guns for sale that belonged to Hank.

Coogs

Maximum
An old time Ruger collector, That I spent too much time with over some scotch in Louisville and Detroit and Monroeville and Richmond, Ind., by the name of Dave Young, whom I think retired to Florida, owned some of Hank's Rugers, and sold him a few for his collection. I remember him showing a check with Hank's signature on it, said he didn't know if he was going to cash it or not! Knowing Dave, he did! He went down to Hank's from Louisville one year for dinner, we were all invited, I couldn't make it, would have been another travel day, couldn't afford another day off work, opportunity missed!!! :( :( :( Coogs.

32magfan

Blackhawk
I saw one for sale in Louisville, KY in March at a gun shop. I don't remember the name. It had all the documentation. Sorry no more details.
32Magfan

Don't know if this helps, but I found this while searching for you:
Williams, Hank Jr.
Licensee in Paris, Tennessee
Business Name: Six Shooter, The
Phone Number: (731) 642-7455
License Number: 1-62-079-01-7F-36367
Expiration Date: June 01, 2017

Nothing but the best to you!
Jay "Shotgungibbs" Prather

ACRYLICTNK

Buckeye
I have a 6 1/2" Super that belonged to Hank. The letter says it was the first 6 1/2" he ever had. It has a shipping box with the label from Hank Williams Jr Enterprises. I'm not selling it, just wanted to throw that out there.

Tellico

Buckeye
Contact this gunsmith. He sells some of Jrs guns for him. Dan Coffin

Coffin Gunsmithing

375 Sweathouse Creek Rd Victor, MT 59875

(406) 642-3058

JWHardin

Bearcat
Picked this up from John D many years ago.
Dad and I tease Hank in Tulsa that this is the gun he had when he fell off the mountain.
He goes along with us but who knows if its true...