gun show find

Help Support Ruger Forum:

3spop

Single-Sixer
My dad picked up a nice little Ruger 44 carbine at a show yesterday. It's in good shape and he ended up getting it for $350, so I assured him he got a great deal. I came very close to buying another BH in ..41 mag. The guy had one in the shorter barrel length (not sure what length). It had a few rubs and it also appeared to have the wrong size grips. He told me he would take $300, I offered $250, he declined. 8) I almost bought it for the $300 but I just paid hunting club dues and my kid is fixing to start school so I held out. :cry:

Retsoff

Bearcat
Your Dad got one heck of a good deal. Congratulations.

I have one of the older models that's tube fed and it's fun to shoot. With the ammo it likes (Winchester Partition Gold) mine is pretty accurate too.

dfletcher

Blackhawk
Nice deal on the 44 Carbine - I don't want to write what I got stuck paying for a new condition 99/44.

And isn't it great liking the 41? Most folks don't like them and as a result they tend to go cheap. Every 41 Magnum I've bought used has been at a good price. When we can't meet on price I usually grab a card from someone who has something I like & give them a call after the show. Sometimes having to take the thing home with them makes them adjust their expectations a bit.

Hammer

Single-Sixer

Have had both the original and the recent version of the Ruger 44 semiauto carbine.

Wish is that someone made a 10 or 20 shot magazine for the recent model.

Would make a heck of a Thumper.

dfletcher

Blackhawk
^^^

A 10 or 15 round mag for the 99/44 would be great - and it seems to me it could be done, you'd end up with a larger version of a 10/22 stick magazine. A 50 round drum is probably too much to hope for. 15 rounds of 44 Magnum would make a pretty could home defense carbine.

Hammer

Single-Sixer

... ended up getting it for $350

If your conscience bothers you on this deal, give me a call.

I can act as a soothing influence.

Latest posts