Grip...pinkey under or not?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Do you shoot with your pinkey under the butt or not?

• I shoot with my pinky finger under the butt.

Votes: 21 27.3%
  • I do not shoot with my pinky finger under the butt.

Votes: 25 32.5%
  • I can go either way.

Votes: 14 18.2%
  • Pinky under only on the smaller calibers.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Pinky under on all calibers.

Votes: 12 15.6%

• Total voters

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
Most of my shooting is done two-handed with fairly large calibe guns, so little finger under is out for me. And I do prefer the beveled grips.

Cary you have stepped up to the plate and kicked a field goal on every one of my grips!

Bob Wright

BusMaster007X

Bearcat
Confucious say:
Pinkie under butt is Stinky Pinkie. :p

THAT said...I'd rather have a FULL GRIP. 8)

I had an SP-101 snub with the factory grip. It was like holding a brick without a full grip.
Changed it to a HOGUE, and WOW! NICE GUN!
It made all the difference in the world for control.
That particular grip is also available in NYLON...which I highly recommend for a non-stick, no-print carry mode.
I'm just not a fan of 'pinky stinky'... :wink:

gak

Buckeye
Pinky under for me most of the time, enough so I voted #1. Small hands and can go either way on some grips and occasionally switch off position but not enough to vote "both." I've got several very nice customs from Carl "Private" Shultz, all beveled - but like Cary, make sure to tell him (or after dealing with me probably Carl's first question now!) as I gather flat is the default. Like someone else posted, the stock Colts amazingly regardless of Gen, though they varied from the 1st Gens on, or USFAs are just about right for me in all regards. The stock (overall) size of the midframe Rugers would be ok too, basically cloning the SAA frame, if Ruger hadn't rid them almost entirely of the SAA bell profile (viewed on end, back to front).

caryc

Hawkeye
gak said:
Pinky under for me most of the time, enough so I voted #1. Small hands and can go either way on some grips and occasionally switch off position but not enough to vote "both." I've got several very nice customs from Carl "Private" Shultz, all beveled - but like Cary, make sure to tell him (or after dealing with me probably Carl's first question now!) as I gather flat is the default. Like someone else posted, the stock Colts amazingly regardless of Gen, though they varied from the 1st Gens on, or USFAs are just about right for me in all regards. The stock (overall) size of the midframe Rugers would be ok too, basically cloning the SAA frame, if Ruger hadn't rid them almost entirely of the SAA bell profile (viewed on end, back to front).

Flat is not the default. As I said before, I always ask the customer which he prefers.

gak

Buckeye
caryc said:
gak said:

Flat is not the default. As I said before, I always ask the customer which he prefers.

Cary, I didnt mean to suggest otherwise and Carl does too, but I gathered strongly like you most of his orders are for flat bottom. But, before the question is asked, because of that preponderance it's almost a "default" assumption conversationally. Both of you have gotten strong reps for providing what the customer wants.