Grip Adaptor?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Chrontius

Bearcat
Hey, crew! I'm the happy owner of a couple Rugers, but the one in question today is an SP101. I was under the mistaken belief that the grip tang was identical on the SP101 and GP100, and ordered myself a Crimson Trace LG-344 which I intended to use to try out larger grips (I got a sweetheart deal on a barely-used one) and found to my dismay that the tangs are different. Does there exist now, or can there be built, an adapter to mount a GP100 grip on a SP101?

If not, should I get a 7-shot 357, or track down one of the beautiful old Lipsey's target-grey sixguns? I really kinda want the extra bullet, but OOF does that grey look classy with the rosewood grip panels!

Edit: Ideally Lipsey's would commission another run of Target Grey, with the seven-round cylinder and Truglo TFO sights, plus factory engraved rosewood grip panels in that factory Hogue rubber grip, but if wishes were dragons…

Last edited:

hittman

Staff member
Welcome to the forum.
The only available option now is for you to buy a gun to fit your Crimson Trace.:ROFLMAO:
It happens. (y)

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum!

Due to the big differences,, buy another gun as suggested above. And of course buy a different set of grips for your gun.

PS; We are a family friendly Forum. Please edit your language a bit! :D

Chrontius

Bearcat
Welcome to the Forum!

Due to the big differences,, buy another gun as suggested above. And of course buy a different set of grips for your gun.

PS; We are a family friendly Forum. Please edit your language a bit! :D
I'll keep that in mind going forward! I bought the CTs because I want a laser on my carry piece, and I like the factory grip profile. Thought I could have both for a minute there.

contender

Ruger Guru
Thanks for the edit!

Crimson Trace made a grip for the SP-101,, a complete grip,, not just panels.
I have a set,, and they are nice.

I also like the GP-100 Match Champion models.

hittman

Staff member
I prefer the 3 inch GPs … and older HALF lug models of any barrel length.

Terry T

Buckeye
I believe there are two different CT laser grips for the SP101, a short one and a long one. And, of course, there were the Ruger model SP101s that came with factory installed CT laser grips, model numbers, 5757,5758, and 5766. The factory intalled grips (with the Ruger logo) reveal the entire gun's ser. no. , the non-factory cover part of the ser. no.
Picture shows the longer grip.

1698260345259.jpeg

Last edited: