GREAT RIDE

Help Support Ruger Forum:

sixshot

Buckeye
Our deer season opens next wednesday & I have an elk hunt that starts in less than 3 weeks so myself, Brent (liver eating) Johnson & Callshot went for a very long 4 wheeler ride today. We covered over 20 miles of very rugged country, at times we were in 4 wheel drive, low range & hanging on for dear life.
We didn't see another person, the fall colors are magnificent & the air was crisp, gotta love it.
In this photo there are 4 different kinds of trees in about 1 acre. There are pines, quaken aspen, maples & mountain mohogany, beautiful!

100_3470.jpg

Brent & Steve with a very nice fall background.

100_3475.jpg

Brent's Bisley 44 special with a set of my Box Elder Burl stocks.

100_3476.jpg

The Quakies are turning yellow.

100_3482.jpg

100_3480.jpg

Take a few steps off this side & you would roll 500 yds.

100_3479.jpg

This is me, if you look close you can see the Tetons, they are about 75 miles away.

100_3478.jpg

An old abandoned farm house.

100_3486.jpg

Another neat old building.

100_3484.jpg

One of Brent's favorite places to hang out, you can see his name above the door.

100_3485.jpg

Dick

callshot

Blackhawk
Yup! It was a great ride. The longest, roughest, prettiest, and most enjoyable one I have ever been on. Only the company was a little lacking. We didn't get a picture of it, but we saw an old mine shaft where someone is still working it enough to keep it registered. When Dick said we were going to climb the Alps he wasn't kidding. When you are sitting half way up a mountain and look at the top you would say there ain't no way to go up there. Well we did go up there and back down again. It was high enough to count six or seven mountain ranges in all directions. It is the best time of the year now. Not even one mosquito or a fly. We crossed a crick many times until we got to the bottom of the mountain. Just a little way from the truck I burned a drive belt on my not so trusty four wheeler. When it wouldn't go one inch further. I sat down and ate a half of a sandwich and waited for Brent and Dick to come find me. I'll get a new belt on it tomorrow if there is one to be found in town. I am now feeling some mussels that I haven't used for a while. FUN, FUN, FUN!
Steve

contender

Ruger Guru
It's pics like this,, and this time of year that I live for. I think the fall has to be the best time of the year. The colors,, the temperature,,, the wildlife,, hunting,, and just enjoying being out in Gods creation make it perfect.
This "Tale from Soda" has it right.
I too wish I was there,,,,!

Sheriff

Single-Sixer
20 miles on a 4-whlr! :shock: Makes my kidneys ache just thinking about it. :wink:

Beautiful country. Thanks for sharing the photos, Dick.

Jeff Hoover

Blackhawk
Great pictures, Dick ! Can't wait to see the results of your upcoming hunts !

tookalisten

Blackhawk
These pics and stories are a huge reason I just can't get enough of the ruger forum. Thanks for posting.

ajw65

Bearcat
Looks like a great place to be. I would enjoy myself greatly out there.

Joe S.

Hunter
great pics! yall can just go out there and shoot??? im jealous!

wonder how much it would take to buy that first old farm house??

sixshot

Buckeye
Joe, I get ask that all the time, yes we can go 5-10 minutes from town in any direction & be shooting on public land, a great deal of Idaho is public. You can be in some pretty remote country in just a few short minutes, makes it kind of fun!

Dick

Latest posts