GP100 Fixed Sight 4 Inch Half Shroud Barrel KGPF-340

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hittman

Staff member
You'll find these and hens teeth in the same place. Sure don't see them around these parts.

Member Beagledog knows a lot about GP100s as does member GP100Man if you search for their names and shoot them a PM.

There's a 6 inch blued half lug for sale in the Classifieds now; that's as close as I can come.

rdf009

Single-Sixer
Like this? 8)

I bought it from forum member louiethelump a few months back.

100_0767.jpg

I just sold a KGP-840 (.38 Spl. half-lug 4" fixed sights stainless) to another member of Calguns. It was made in '04, which surprised me. Sure wish they'd make a 3" stainless fixed sights .357 with half-lug and the old compact grips. I shoot mainly .38s out of my 3" anyway.

rugerrat

Single-Sixer
Mike Armstrong said:
I just sold a KGP-840 (.38 Spl. half-lug 4" fixed sights stainless) to another member of Calguns. It was made in '04, which surprised me. Sure wish they'd make a 3" stainless fixed sights .357 with half-lug and the old compact grips. I shoot mainly .38s out of my 3" anyway.

Yes, my GP above is also a model KGPF-840 and was made in 2004. I also shoot mainly .38s and this is the reason I like this GP.

GMan351

Single-Sixer
Well the KGPF-340 was in stock at Davidson's. Two days ago there were 93 in stock. They have now put them on sale and they are down to 9 in stock. I just bought one through ACRYLICTNK in the classifieds section for $429 shipped.

It has been a good Christmas!

rtl

Single-Sixer
I just picked up my 2nd one last night that I ordered from Davidson's last week. I dislike the new Hogue grips so much that I literally swapped it out for an original short GP grip in the car while driving home from the gun store (at least I wasn't on the cell phone). Love that configuration with the original short GP grips, probably my favorite double action .357 of all time.

...suppose I should consider selling a few of those Ruger Hogue grips in case anybody actually likes 'em, I sure won't be needing them.

scary

Bearcat
rtl said:
Love that configuration with the original short GP grips, probably my favorite double action .357 of all time.

I carry my 3" half-lug .357 every day. It is my favorite double action .357 of all time. I cut my teeth on a 686 back in the day... but the GP rules now. I put the compact grips on my 4" also. That is the perfect setup.

RIP Lett :(

stantheman86

Buckeye
I have both the .38 and .357 blue 4" half lug, fixed sight GP's. I also have a 4" DAO Canadian trade in, these used to be everywhere but now are hard to find.

Several dealers on GB are selling the new 176 prefix .357 half lug 4" guns, seems Ruger made up a few hundred or more of them from "found" parts :D

I would be interested in a brand new 4" fixed sight half lug GP100, right now it's just hard to justify the expense with so much else that I want :) The semi auto pistol bug is biting me again and I really want a P95 and a Gen 1 Glock 17 for some reason.......

Latest posts