Got a coupla new 45 Colts lately

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hashknife Hartley

Single-Sixer
Wasn't really looking for them, but they just kind of came up when I had some $'s from selling other guns and stuff available. First one I just got in this past week and this picture says it all:
403387084.jpg

It hasn't got hardly a mark on it as these pics show:

403387085.jpg

403387086.jpg

Anybody know if this #48 serial number was a subscription one?

Then in May, I got this short barrel one off Gunrunner's Auction and it is even nicer (condition wise) then the first one.

403387087.jpg

403387088.jpg

And, in March or April, I got this one, a 7 1/2" convertible with original box from a local auction house:

401072814.jpg

401072808.jpg

Add these to my brass grip framed short barreled one and I guess I'm set for .45's, until a short barreled convertible shows up or a long barreled brass grip framed one, and I got some money, I'm broke now.

380980460.jpg

As flatgate always says, there's fewer .45's then .44 Flattops out there, so I'm happy to have these.
HH

Hashknife Hartley

Single-Sixer
Well, I'll tell 'ya WMG, one more bump and you'd 'a got it, I was all tapped out. I was debating for a month whether to go after this one, the 44 Flattop with 10" barrel and a 4 digit 357 backup (it went for the same amount), or the 44 Flattop with 7 1/2" barrel and extras. Finally settled on this one and was certainly holding my breath on judgement day. The Contender is OK, it's like brand new also, now I gotta find a 256 Mag barrel for it.
I'll keep your offer in mind for some dark day when I need $'s.
HH

radicalrod

Hunter
WOW, those are some nice ones....I think I only have 2 maybe 3 45's at the moment....sold/traded my Brass guns....good ones for sure....see ya RR.

JCW64

Single-Sixer
HH,
I know a little about the history of #48. I tried to buy it a few times over the last 5 years or so, to no avail. Apparently the owner decided to take it to auction. I will email you what I know about the gun sometime this week when I get time.

contender

Ruger Guru
Made my heart go pitter-patter a bit!!!!!!!!!! NICE!
I had to look up my 45's to see about that boxed convertable. I have one close to that serial number. (45-16599 & it's a brassie short bbl.) What's the number of your brassie??

Hashknife Hartley

Single-Sixer
Rod, this isn't quite in the category of the guns (two digit flattops, they're breath taking) you and Mike722 been putting up lately, but I'm very happy to have it, the 2 digit, and the others. JCW64, I'd very much like to hear any history you have on the gun, so e-mail me anytime. Do you know if the previous owner had any of the other nice Rugers on that auction? Contender, the brass grip framed one is 19819, so a bit later then your's, I got it from ACRYLICTNK a couple of years ago, he put it up on the forum. Thanks everyone for the kind words, they make it way more worthwhile.
HH

Hashknife Hartley

Single-Sixer
Hey Chance, are you coming up for the Arizona Arms show here in Prescott Valley in August, I just sent in for a table, got to sell something to get more $'s, so I can buy more of these things. If so, see you there.
HH

Chance

Buckeye
Yup, we are coming up for the Az Arms show. Looking forward to the cool Prescott air and fine Rugers. See ya Aug 10