Good price for the SR9c???

Help Support Ruger Forum:

denvershepherd

Bearcat
josh2415 said:
I ordered mine a few weeks ago thru Bud's for $398 shipped. Just talked to my local Gander Mountain - they still have them sale priced at $399. Sweet little gun, esp at that price!

ok good. I was a little worried when I first started to handle it.

Thanks!

josh2415

Bearcat
denvershepherd said:
Just curious, was that the 'cash' price at buds?
Yup. The price that Bud's advertises is their cash price, which in the case of the SS SR9c, was/is $398 shipped.

denvershepherd

Bearcat
josh2415 said:
denvershepherd said:
Just curious, was that the 'cash' price at buds?
Yup. The price that Bud's advertises is their cash price, which in the case of the SS SR9c, was/is $398 shipped.

Ok cool. So I still made the right choice (price wise) going with centerfireguns.coom since I used a credit card. Good to know.

Thanks.

matkat

Bearcat
I just want to ask; Why the SR9C? I have been looking at a few different 9mm and I'm looking for input. Have you had it out yet, and how did it perform?

Big Stu

Single-Sixer
I had looked at many pistols and as soon as I felt the ruger I knew it was the one. It just felt right. Ruger has a good reputation and they are 100% made in America! After shooting it, I knew I made the right decision. The trigger was a little stiff and gritty at first but after break-in and a little modification, it is better than anything I can imagine. Good luck with choosing the right weapon :wink:

Verndog

Blackhawk
matkat said:
I just want to ask; Why the SR9C? I have been looking at a few different 9mm and I'm looking for input. Have you had it out yet, and how did it perform?

Rock solid, easy to conceal, plenty of power, reliable, excellent feel, not a Glock, versatile (10 round to conceal 17 round for power), made in USA, excellent customer support, very accurate, handgun of the year
http://www.ammoland.com/2010/07/28/ruger-sr9c-named-2010-handgun-of-the-year/....and for me my other Ruger (Security six) has been flawless for 25 years. Enough to get you started?? 8)

josh2415

Bearcat
matkat said:
Though there are other threads that discuss this at length, I bought my SR9c for these reasons:

- compact size, similar to Glock 26
- 10rd compact and 17rd full size grip options
- ambidextrous manual safety
- trigger safety
- good looks
- great price point
- Ruger reliability
- US made
- great reviews (accurate, reliable, excellent trigger)

Had it out twice, 50rds, went bang every time I pulled the trigger. Great little pistol.

dak109

Bearcat
jmfc606 said:
There is one in the classifieds now NIB for $350 shipped. The forum member is medone1. He is a great guy to work with so no worrys.

Not there now :D Glad tp hear is a standup guy. Seems great so far.

gkm

Bearcat
398.00 is a good price; however, the Gander 399.00 w/ tax and background check will put you at considerably higher price. Also, as we all know, the transfer to FFL for the 398.00 is in some cases a wash. I bought mine at my local gun shop 4-5 months ago for 430.00...not a bad price at that time.

I'm still waiting for my freebie SR9c that I won on Ruger's website contest...can't wait as it's going to be the wifey's new CCW.

matkat

Bearcat
I'm sold, I would not want my other Rugers to make fun of a new "non-Ruger", so the SR9C it will be. Now to find one...

denvershepherd

Bearcat
matkat said:
I'm sold, I would not want my other Rugers to make fun of a new "non-Ruger", so the SR9C it will be. Now to find one...

Hi matkat,

I found mine for $399 no tax and no shipping and it arrived in two and a half days! It was a site I never ordered from before so I did some asking around and it sounds like people are very happy with them (add me to that list too :D ) Here is the link and they still show in stock on both colors:

http://www.centerfireguns.com/handguns.html?subcats=Y&features_hash=V886.V4626.V4816.V4601.V4772

I think you'll really love the sr9c. I'm headed to the range with it again in about ten minutes in fact.

Later.

matkat

Bearcat
Shopped around today, nobody in my area has one, I will check out the different sites from here. Thanks for all the input!!

matkat

Bearcat
Wanted to say thanks for all the info. After looking around I found (and bought) my new SR9C from: www.centerfireguns.com.
They had both the black and SS in stock and the price was good, $409 for the stainless and no extra charge for using credit card and free shipping. The site was well set up and very easy to navigate.
Thanks for the tip on these people denvershepard.

vico512

Bearcat
These babies fly off the shelf in this area. I found a stainless model in a local shop in the Seattle area for $399 + tax. Last week, the only one they had was the black model -- this week, it was the stainless.

Probably not the best deal around, but fair enough, IMHO; I didn't have to deal with the mailing, and it's now mine!

denvershepherd

Bearcat
vico512 said:
These babies fly off the shelf in this area. I found a stainless model in a local shop in the Seattle area for $399 + tax. Last week, the only one they had was the black model -- this week, it was the stainless.

Probably not the best deal around, but fair enough, IMHO; I didn't have to deal with the mailing, and it's now mine!

I think that is a pretty good deal. I've not seen them for less than that. Nice work! I got mine for the same price but no tax or shipping. I did have to pay $18 dollars for the transfer but that was not a problem. I did have to wait but it was here in two days! Not too bad. Hope you are enjoying yours. I really love mine.

denvershepherd

Bearcat
matkat said:
Wanted to say thanks for all the info. After looking around I found (and bought) my new SR9C from: www.centerfireguns.com.
They had both the black and SS in stock and the price was good, $409 for the stainless and no extra charge for using credit card and free shipping. The site was well set up and very easy to navigate.
Thanks for the tip on these people denvershepard.

You're welcome matkat. You're going to love it!!

Idaho Spud

Bearcat
Someone said that Centerfire guns charged no tax, but when I tried to check out they added Colorado sales tax to the total. I live in Idaho. That's about the same as charging shipping. Just askin'.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Idaho Spud said:
Someone said that Centerfire guns charged no tax, but when I tried to check out they added Colorado sales tax to the total. I live in Idaho. That's about the same as charging shipping. Just askin'.

The only way they should charge tax is if they have an outlet or another business entity in Colorado. Otherwise, I'd guess they made a mistake.

REV

147 Grain

Bearcat
Local shop ran a two day sale and sold the SR9C for $369. The average price now is $399 - $429.

gkm

Bearcat
147 Grain said:
Local shop ran a two day sale and sold the SR9C for $369. The average price now is $399 - $429.

Buy it! That's a great deal.