Good holster for the SP101?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

HarmonicaBill

Bearcat
Hey, new to the forum...but recently picked up an SP101 and am wondering if anyone has any holster preferences. I am looking for an IWB holster specifically. Thanks for any help.

I use a Don Hume as well as a Simply Rugged pancake with inside out straps for IWB carry for mine. I also love the holster shirt like sold by the NRA store when I want it even deeper cover.

Ski

Bearcat
HarmonicaBill said:
Hey, new to the forum...but recently picked up an SP101 and am wondering if anyone has any holster preferences. I am looking for an IWB holster specifically. Thanks for any help.

I use and like the ones made here .... http://www.sideguardholsters.com/
Excellant quality, good price, good turnaround...

Smokngun

Single-Sixer
I have never carried a holster as comfortable as the Simply rugged holster, Silver dollar pancake. I own two SP101's and they ride securely in the waistbelt daily.

luvmyruger

Blackhawk
Robb Barnes said:
I use a Don Hume as well as a Simply Rugged pancake with inside out straps for IWB carry for mine. I also love the holster shirt like sold by the NRA store when I want it even deeper cover.

DITTO on both of these, both excellent

HarmonicaBill

Bearcat
Thanks for the advise guys, looks like I'll probably be getting the simply rugged. I was looking at the Bianchi 3S but nobody mentioned that. Anyone have any experience with that holster for a 2.25 inch SP101?

BlkHawk73

Hunter
I tried a few different holsters for mine. None seemed that great. I saw and ad in a magazine (pre-internet) and decided to take a chance on a new design the "Workman". It's what the other tuckables copied. Been hooked on Mitch Rosen's leather gear since. TOP quality fit finish and service. Might cost a bit more than the assembly line mass produced fodder but you get what you pay for.

cdknox

Bearcat
Simply Rugged here as well...although I didn't like the inside out straps.