Going to range for first time to rule out possible problem

Help Support Ruger Forum:

b16bri

Bearcat
Hey guys i posted this past weeked about a possible problem with my new ruger sr9c I was having jambing issues with the snap caps I was useing it seemed to always be the last round but weather it was the last or second to last the gun was jambing. So i was told to hit the range before i jumped to conclusion so sunday I cleaned the gun and today I should be hitting the range. Ill keep everyone posted.

To everyone who helped/replyed to the first post thanks again

Brian

b16bri

Bearcat
well went to the range today I'm going back in a few days but put about 75 rounds threw the gun and it worked fine so. I'm not sure what was wrong before but I plan on going back soon and sending 200 rounds or so threw it.

Mike J

Hunter
Glad it worked for you. If you were cycling the pistol by hand you may have been riding the slide easing it forward. The slide will not move with the velocity it will when the pistol cycles after being shot.

b16bri

Bearcat
Thanks guys I got another question for you I plan on going back in a week or so put another 200 or so rounds threw it I only put 75 threw it now should I clean it now and after I go next week or can I wait till next week and clean it after I put a total of 275 threw it

pisgah

Buckeye
b16bri said:
Thanks guys I got another question for you I plan on going back in a week or so put another 200 or so rounds threw it I only put 75 threw it now should I clean it now and after I go next week or can I wait till next week and clean it after I put a total of 275 threw it

Why do you keep throwing it? :)

Iron Mike Golf

Blackhawk
When my SR9c was "new", I thoroughly cleaned after every range trip (150 rds). That included striker and striker tunnel.

Yours being pretty new, I'd clean it. Remember, when you clean you should also be inspecting, especially on a new piece.

ErikO

Bearcat
OP, for a second there I was wondering if you moded the snappers to fire primers. As you found out, manually ejecting snap caps won't tell you much about the action aside from if your extractor is FUBAR.

I shot a carry gun postal match with a loaner SR9c and scored in the top 10%. Since this was not my gun with hundreds of my ammo through it, I found that the gun did its part nicely and teh software was the issue with low-scoring shots.