Glock Grip Reduction Part 3

Help Support Ruger Forum:

TruthNotRelative

Single-Sixer
Ok, so this isn't going to be a "how-to" (Wayy too lazy take the pics etc.), just an update so to speak.

After originally "re-installing" the backstrap, I was/am fairly confident that it wasn't going anywhere. But after more consideration I decided to make absolutely sure that it wasn't going to come loose in any fashion. SOOOOO, I I went to Home Depot and purchased some Epoxy (Did a bit of research to find out what the "pro's" use when butchering their beloved Glocks), and proceeded to prep' for the "fill in".

I didn't opt for the model clay or playdough method of blocking the trigger assembly hole at the top of the cavity, rather, I actually fitted a tight, appropriately shaped bit of "polymer" and superglued the thing perfectly where I needed it. I then proceeded to block the moon shape that is between the mag' well and the cavity in question. I then took a big zip-lock baggy and mixed my epoxy inside on one corner of the bag, then cut a tiny bit of the corner off and slowly filled the cavity.

I am VERY pleased. Now all that is left is to find some paint that matches. I'm pretty sure that the paint that they now have that adhere's VERYY well to plastic (I've used it and, I know, it's not exactly plastic) will work well enough.

Soo, on to the new pics. OH and I forgot, I scratched up the inside of the cavity pretty well, as well as drilling tiny wholes here and there for "better" adhesion.

Ok, shutting up now, here's the pics (Not all show the Epoxy).
RhtSideTHE.jpg

LeftSide.jpg

LeftFrontAngle.jpg

LeftBackAngleTHE.jpg

LeftBackAngle.jpg

Glue.jpg

BottomMag-Well2.jpg

BottomMag-Well1.jpg

BackstrapGlue.jpg

Back.jpg

jhearne

Buckeye
Looks good, just give that epoxy a touch of color to match and you're all set!

Josh

NixieTube

Blackhawk
Like most other people who have read your posts about doing this, I think you are a crazy man.

But good crazy, man. :)

airwin

Bearcat
Hi TNR, you has done your job really very well and you can be proud for managing this succsessful modification. It seems, you are an outstanding good do-it-yourselfer. :wink: