Girls Can't Shoot Magnum Revolvers Very Effectively !!!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

TiteGroups

Blackhawk
Learned my lesson on that a couple of years ago when I was teaching a woman who never fired a gun before at the range, after a hundred rounds or so she was nearly outshooting me and I'm a pretty good shot. You'll find there are plenty of woman who can shot well and pick it up better than quite a few men.

Hazama Yakiba

Single-Sixer
Nowata...
Now that you mentioned it, my wife keeps hinting about "...wouldn't it be sweet to buy a 44 magnum this Xmas?" !

Fearing for my life at all times (since she's always armed), I of course asked (very politely), "What would you need a 44 magnum for Sweetie?".

Then comes the breaking news... "Oh" she said. "I'm planning to hike the Apalachian Trail for a month this spring (I'm not invited of course), when the Bears are at their hungriest. (Then the Trick Wifey Question with a big hook in it follows)...

"Don't you want me to be safe when hiking...don't ya think I should be able to protect myself with a decent gun if I'm attacked by a Grizzly or a mean ole Brown Bear?".

:::Haz is slickly boxed into a corner:::

trouble

Single-Sixer
Bears are not the biggest worry on the trail, it's the 2 leggers you really need to be worried about. My better half is a hell of a pistol shot, trained by me of course.

street

Hunter
Hazama Yakiba said:
Nowata...
Now that you mentioned it, my wife keeps hinting about "...wouldn't it be sweet to buy a 44 magnum this Xmas?" !

Fearing for my life at all times (since she's always armed), I of course asked (very politely), "What would you need a 44 magnum for Sweetie?".

Then comes the breaking news... "Oh" she said. "I'm planning to hike the Apalachian Trail for a month this spring (I'm not invited of course), when the Bears are at their hungriest. (Then the Trick Wifey Question with a big hook in it follows)...

"Don't you want me to be safe when hiking...don't ya think I should be able to protect myself with a decent gun if I'm attacked by a Grizzly or a mean ole Brown Bear?".

:::Haz is slickly boxed into a corner:::

Go ahead and get that .44 Mag. That way when she shoots you, death will be quick, I would hate to see you suffer. :lol: :wink:

SAJohn

Hunter
Haz, That was a great post.

My daughter was shooting my old model super blackhawk .44 magnum with ease by the time she was 12. It was loaded with Keith 250 grainers and a Skeeter helping of real 2400.

John

altajava

Bearcat
Perhaps not girls but I've seen a few women handle them better than most men. My local gun shop has a range out back and every Sunday this woman comes in a fires two boxes of .44 mag. This summer she downgraded from her .500 S&W. She is 84 years old. There is hope for us all.

contender

Ruger Guru
First, if she scares you with her pistol, DO NOT DO ANYTHING TO PISS HER OFF!
(We tell that to all the men who do not want their lady shooting." )

Next, the Appalachian trail doesn't have any griz's or browns. And the black bears aren't a roblem. However, the two legged varmits are the worst. She needs a 44 mag varmit killer.

bwelch47

Bearcat
My wife considers the 44Mag to be a woman's gun. She owns 6 and drowls over the revolvers at the local pusher.

Lloyd Smale

Blackhawk
My buddy and I have a freind that runs a pig hunting operation. One of his guides Wally has a little petite girlfriend that doesnt go a 100 lbs. We were out there one day and both of us had 500 linebaughs with stout loads. We watched that little girl shoot about 50 round of full power loads and gigle every time she shot and she actually was hitting things. No one told her that it would scare the crap out of most men until she was done shooting. She wanted to know when we were comming back with more ammo!

flatgate

Hawkeye
164479808.jpg

The 4-3/4" Model 83 is "hers". She's comfortable with "Ruger Only" loads in the .45 Colt cal. cylinder.

:D

flatgate

Hazama Yakiba

Single-Sixer
Now those are what I call sweet His n' Hers !

BTW, is she a better shot than you?

Fess up...we want the TRUTH !

Haz

Meeko

Single-Sixer
What I have found out as a firearms instructor at my agency is most women actually listen and learn quicker. Also when I have had both a man and a women on the range that have never fired a firearm much before the women seem to do better. Don't know what it is.

(The disclaimer I have is teaching a women to shoot is probably the same as teaching to drive a manual transmission, It works out better if your not married or romantically linked to them.....just sayin)

Tommy Kelly

Buckeye
most women learn quicker than men because they don't have bad shooting habbits to break they just learn the proper way instead of shooting their way.