Ghost Ring Sights

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Arokcrwlr

Blackhawk
If you mean a rear sight like this

2680172490055011840S600x600Q85.jpg

Send a PM to our friend sixshot on these forums - he can hook you up.

rtl

Single-Sixer
I just happend to come across a set (pair) of these a couple days ago that I was considering posting here for sale. Drop me PM if you're interested.

rt

rtl

Single-Sixer
OK, finally made it home to find more than ten seconds to elaborate.

I have a pair of "One Ragged Hole" rear peep sights, one 9/32" and one 7/32", for ruger adjustible sight revolvers / mark II and mark III pistols that I bought years ago and forgot about until last weekend. I wanted them to go to a member here but didn't think they were substantial enough of an item to bother determining a price, placing an ad, watching the ad, bumping the ad if no takers right away...so I didn't get around to posting them for sale. But since you asked, if you PM me your mailing address I'll just give 'em to you. How does that sound?

Let me know.

Thanks,
rt

texczech

Bearcat
Cholo, I tried them and couldn't get used to them. I've PM'd you. Let me know if you still want them. If so, just send me your address and I'll drop them in the mail.

texczech

Bearcat
I was given a set of ragged hole sights for a Blackhawk. I can't use them, if another member could use them just PM me your mailing address and I'll ship them to you. I was given these sights for free by rtl, so just thought I would pay it forward since I can't get used to them.

stantheman86

Buckeye
Are the sights on Arokcrawlr's Bisley the One Ragged Hole sights, or are they from the forum member here who makes a similiar sight?

I have the One Ragged Hole sights and I found the steel to be soft, and I think for actual field use, or holster carry they would quickly get bent up. I love the concept, and I have the 9/32" One Ragged Hole sight on a beater 4" Security Six that I use as a range plinker. It definitely does improve the speed and ease of sight acquisition and is just a lot more fun to shoot with.

There are rear aperture sights made for Glocks and other auto pistols and they are wildly popular with the LEO crowd, and I can see why. An aperture sight is IMO vastly superior for snap shooting over a standard square notch.

I had read about a forum member here who actually makes them out of hardened tool steel for people who actually plan to use the sights for something other than range plinking, such as hunting or on a backup gun.