Gemini Customs: any forum members?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Wheelyfun44

Single-Sixer
Hey All,
I have a NIB Ruger SP101 at Gemini Customs right now, getting the bead blast package.
I am not getting the porting, but am getting: rounding all edges, trigger reshape and polish, crown barrel, champher cylinder holes, replace all springs, 10 lb trigger pull, polish internals, hone cylinder chambers, forcing cone work, gold bead front sight, bead blast finish......and new custom boot grips.

I have been lusting after a Gemini gun for years, and will finally have one.

Anyone on this forum have a Gemini revolver? Love to hear feedback and see pics!

5shot

Bearcat
I've sent a couple SP101s to Gemini. He does good work at a reasonable price and (at least a few years ago) had a relatively quick turn around time. Here is my ex-wife's SP101 in .38 spc.

Wheelyfun44

Single-Sixer
Hey 5shot,
thanks for sharing!
My SP has only been gone for a week, and just got a tracking number for the return shipment!
I must have hit a good work cycle?

Marc and his wife (sorry, forgot her name) are very personable and take care of any concerns and questions that their customers have. They are making me a nice set of stocks (grips) in the boot grip style.

Gemini Customs are great in that, if you do not want a particular feature done, they will not attempt to talk you into it (porting for example), but will provide you with their opinion and let you make the call.

If anyone here has a few pennies saved, and want to turn your Ruger revolver or 1911 into a real gem....look up Gemini Customs

Wheelyfun44

Single-Sixer
Marc sent me a pic today:
here is my new SP101 with the Gemini Customs treatment and custom Cocobolo boot grips:

That is a pic of my actual revolver, sent to me from Gemini. I will take delivery this Wed!!

Wheelyfun44

Single-Sixer
Trigger is so smooooooth on this thing!
It truly is a work of art, with tight tolerances and fit and finish that are beyond anything that I have seen on a firearm!

The gold bead front sight jumps out while holding a sight picture, and the grips are fit perfectly.

no time to shoot this until next weekend, but I suspect that the smooth trigger pull is going to aid greatly in accuracy.

more pics and full report to follow....

Stoots

Buckeye
Wheelyfun44 said:
Marc sent me a pic today:
here is my new SP101 with the Gemini Customs treatment and custom Cocobolo boot grips:

That is a pic of my actual revolver, sent to me from Gemini. I will take delivery this Wed!!

Wow!

:shock:

Beautiful!

:D

Wheelyfun44

Single-Sixer
Still no range report, but took some (poor quality) pics this afternoon. Better pics to follow (gotta borrow camera from Sheep.dog)

KWYJIBO

Blackhawk
I'm glad to hear you're happy with the project. It looks like they did a fantastic job, with lots of attention to details. I've always liked their approach--practical modifications that result in an elegant, understated product. The package you had them do seems very well thought out.

I'd like to send them my SP for a little bit of customizing, but money is too tight. I can't even justify spending the $100 they want for their gold bead front sight, which is the first thing I'd have done.

I'm looking for other options on the sight, and considering some custom grip inserts as well. Right now, I'm super envious of you. That's a beautiful revolver!

eveled

Hawkeye
I'm jealous too, I'd like to send them my SP DAO, for the same treatment you got. Then send my GP, to be made into it's big brother, complete with a DAO conversion. Maybe someday. Do you think the gold sight is worth it? Ed