For sale in IA - S&W and Ruger revolvers

Help Support Ruger Forum:

brionic

Bearcat
I am offering several firearms for sale. Shipping charges TBD, and only to type 01 and 03 FFL holders. Local sales in Iowa are welcome.

Sorry about the huge images... I will work on resizing.

Smith and Wesson N-frames - these are far better made and finished than the current top end S&Ws. They aren't made like this anymore, to be blunt.

M57-1, .41 magnum, 6", with box EX condition - $950

Please note that this revolver is being offered with replacement rubber grips. The Kurac birdseye maple grips are available for purchase with the revolver for an additional $135. Included with the revolver is the original box and paperwork.

Arar4oe.jpg

CS3HXwD.jpg

M629-1, .44 magnum, 8 3/8", no box - EX condition - $895

Please note that this revolver is offered with rubber grips. The checkered walnut, diamond center target grips are available for purchase with the revolver for an additional $165. No box or paperwork with the gun.

g9ilt6O.jpg

hVXJYoC.jpg

M25-7, .45 Colt, 5", with box - EX condition - $1200 - SOLD

M25-11 .45 Colt, Heritage, Blue, 6 1/2" with box, EX+ condition - $1100

This revolver ships with the original round butt, service grips and includes the commemorative "Heritage" gold picture box and original paperwork. What's missing from the left side of the revolver frame? The infernal lock, which was introduced shortly after this run was complete. My recollection is that there were only 100-150 of these manufactured in this configuration. Either way, it's the last of the "old style" S&W Hand Ejectors.

28cvS4S.jpg

wY8qjK6.jpg

M28-2, .357 magnum, 1968 production, 4" barrel with numbered magna grips, EX- condition - smoothest double action of any of my postwar N-frames -$875

Note that this weapon is being sold with the original, serial numbered magna grips with which it shipped from the factory. The checkered walnut, diamond center target grips are available for purchase with the gun for an additional $165. No box or paperwork with this gun. Note the red paint along the edge of the Baughman ramp sight, applied by the original owner, from whom I bought the gun, an LAPD officer. No box or papers with this one. I'll add a photo of the other side... I don't know why it didn't upload.

Wz4Yl70.jpg

Ruger SBH Bisley .41 mag, 7 1/2", unfluted, EX condition - $525 - Sold pending funds

This revolver includes no extras, but is one of the most accurate long range revolvers I've ever owned or fired.

AGt9Kkz.jpg

HeZrowe.jpg

Ruger New Model Blackhawk .44 Special Flattop, 5 1/2", with Belt Mountain base pin, VG+ condition with a chip in bottom of right side grip panel, $450

This revolver has been improved by the addition of a locking Belt Mountain base pin and Belt mountain cross pin. Note the chip out of the right hand grip panel. It never bothered me, but I was planning to fit aftermarket grips to the revolver anyway. The gun ships with the hard case box, paperwork, and candy. Very, very nice gun for a box stock-ish Ruger.

0zw9Tmu.jpg

gE2xkOc.jpg

aoIK0AQ.jpg

Ruger SP101 .357, 90s version, 2 1/4" barrel, with box, VG+ condition, w/ Galco FLETCH holster - $395 Sold pending funds

This revolver is offered with the Hogue Monogrips, and includes the original 1994 box in which it shipped. I'm not sure, but may have stashed the original damaged Ruger rubber grip and plastic panels in the box. The Galco FLETCH holster is in used, VG condition.

3TcKyrk.jpg

uuk3oU7.jpg

Let me know if you're interested. My interest is in arranging a deal. Reply here in the post, or by PM. Alternately you can email me at giant_pinhead (at) yahoo.com

First "I'll take it" gets it. Payment by USPS Money Order or cashier's check. I am going to list these a few other places, to maximize exposure. If unsold after a few days, I will take them to auction.

Thanks for looking!

Br.

brionic

Bearcat
Pantherclass2004 said:
Can you post a pic of the 57-1 rubber grips. I don't believe -1 ever shipped with rubbergrips.

Hmm, you may be right. In any event, I'm selling it as I received it from the original owner, in 1994, with Pachmayr "Presentation" grips, unless one wishes to purchase some of my other grips with along with the revolver. Also have the box, paperwork, and case candy.

Thx for your interest.

brionic

Bearcat
Your eyesight is correct. There is no front lock, and that's why there's no detente. One of the sadly "deleted" features.

Alabama, in the bend of the Tennessee River
Just FYI, a 57-1 would have shipped with goncalo alves target grips; "football" extractor relief cuts prior to about 1980,
speed loader relief cuts after that.

brionic said:
Pantherclass2004 said:
Can you post a pic of the 57-1 rubber grips. I don't believe -1 ever shipped with rubbergrips.

Hmm, you may be right. In any event, I'm selling it as I received it from the original owner, in 1994, with Pachmayr "Presentation" grips, unless one wishes to purchase some of my other grips with along with the revolver. Also have the box, paperwork, and case candy.

Thx for your interest.

brionic

Bearcat
Great, thanks for the information. I noted the box label specifies "TS", so your info matches the spec.

As I mentioned, I no longer have those grips, am selling without, and altered the listing.