For my new gun show friend

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Retired W4

Bearcat
bth_44spclandRem721003.jpg

Not a Ruger, but a thing of beauty.

Cholo

Staff member
Hi Retired W4! You're not getting off the hook that fast. Tell them what it is :D I was there right after the old man handed it to RW4 and it's a rare gem in darn near perfect condition. I felt good just fondling it. What a find!

Retired W4 is a true gentleman and always a pleasure to talk with at the GA gun shows. Thanks for posting the pic like you said you would!

Retired W4

Bearcat
Greetings Cholo. It was a pleasure to meet and talk with you. To expand on your demands (just kidding) it is a 44 Hand Ejector (.44 special), Second Model. Pretty easy to tell between the 1st and 3rd model with the non shrouded ejector rod. The poor 2nd model is like Rodney (I get no respect). But with only 17510 made, it does rise to the level of one very hard to find revolver. Very few made it this long in the condition this one is in. It dates to about 1926 and is about 27 from when the 3rd model began.

44spclandRem721004.jpg

I had a better picture of the left side but it got lost in the photobucket. I hope everyone enjoys and I promise when CDD is finished with my 77/22 (long rifle), Mk II Target, plus suppressor and scope I will post an entire lay out.

Spillway

Bearcat
Congratulations... great find. That's when Smith & Wesson made guns. Just think what it would cost today for a company to build a handgun to that standard.