Finally!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RugarRev

Bearcat
...picked up a new SR9C this afternoon. Was more difficult to find than hen's teeth. Now if I can only locate some food to feed her...

plgbear

Bearcat
Yeah, same in the Northeast! Not sure where you are from. It's spotty at best. Some places limit the amount to 1-3 boxes. I really think the gov has done a number on this for no reason! It really makes me angry! I'm the same as you! Just got mine 2 days ago. I need to clean and oil it up before shooting it! I look forward to it! Good luck and have fun!

RugarRev

Bearcat
I'm in central Iowa and it's the same here. No stock in stores & when they do, 2 or 3 box limit. my wife picked up a Walther P22 this weekend...same story w/22 rounds.

Ridge1976

Single-Sixer
RugarRev said:
...picked up a new SR9C this afternoon. Was more difficult to find than hen's teeth. Now if I can only locate some food to feed her...

Congratulations on your new SR9c. It's a great shooting gun. Good luck finding ammo. It's pretty shy here in Florida where I'm at. :evil:

RugarRev

Bearcat
Found some" Russian Stuff" yesterday at WallyWorld. Cheap ... Have read some non flattering reviews about it ... But jeez, I just want to hear this new puppy bark!

Ruger Nut10

Single-Sixer
RugarRev said:
Found some" Russian Stuff" yesterday at WallyWorld. Cheap ... Have read some non flattering reviews about it ... But jeez, I just want to hear this new puppy bark!

Your new gun will eat anything 9mm. I have used all the steel case and every name brand out there and I don't think mine has ever mis-fed or bobbled. Be thankful you found any kind of ammo at this point. I bought one of the first ones on the market and it did have a trigger reset issue but I sent it back and they fixed it and I have never had another issue since. I think I have fired 3,000+ out of the "C" and have close to 2,000+ out of my standard SR9. I did buy a recoil spring assy for $5 from Ruger just in case, but I have yet to have anything break.

Hrothgar

Bearcat
RugarRev said:

The Russian stuff, I forget now which one, was the only thing I've shot that put a noticeable flame out the muzzle of my SR9c. Horrible crap, I won't buy any more.

Nevada

Single-Sixer
If that was Tulammo, I tried some in my .380 and M1 carbine. It worked, but was noticably weaker than 'regular' ammo. Clean the gun well after you shoot that stuff. It should work OK in your guns, but better stuff is out there.

m00se

Bearcat
In the last three months I've seen 9mm in wally world one time. I see 40S&W regularly in small amounts. Gotta buy it when I see it though, because it will be gone in an hour.

I've fed my SR40c wwb jhp and fmj and Tulammo BrassMax fmj. Yes, Tulammo has a product with brass cases. It's made in Italy - rebranded Fiocci, perhaps?

GrimJeeper91

Bearcat
Texassmitty said:
The only 9mm I have found is reloads and they wanted $32.00 for a box of 50. I told them thanks but no thanks.

Wow, that's pricey for reloads. If a local sporting goods store has any decent target loads in stock it's typically about $20/box. My local range sells in bulk, $145 for 500 rounds (equiv. to $14.50 for a box of 50) or $280 for 1000 rounds.

RugarRev

Bearcat
Finally indeed! Had an opportunity to put a box of TulAmmo through it this week. Sweet! Cleaned the machine after and was surprised to find it cleaner than when it came from the factory. Great shooter!

Thanks to ALL who were kind enough to give me insight and information on this topic.

Now...let's get ready to rumble...

Brass v. Steel casings? What is are your thoughts?

mty55

Bearcat
Congrats on the SR9c. Ammo here in WNY is pretty hit and miss, Except for a couple of shops that are pretty well stocked. I Bought 9mm federal American eagles 50@$14.99 a couple weeks ago. I bought 50 45acp Federal today @$21.99. Waiting for Walmart to get Winchester white box in 100 rd boxes for $24.77 and 45acp in the same for $40.77. I go check the 2local wally marts a couple times a week. Only in the world according to Obama do you run out of Church on Sunday, then head straight over to walmart to check for ammo. :roll:

Latest posts