Finally got mine

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Local Ruger pusher had me on the list from last year but when he didn't get any more after the initial run, he threw the list away. :? :x
So about Christmas time I asked him to start anothe list with me at the top. He called Friday and asked if I still wanted one as he just got two in. I was there within the hour and she went home with me that night. Bought on Friday the 13th, is smooth and hitch free, with dated fired case of 3/20/12. Wasn't even a month old when I got her.
I was going to try her out today but other matters are requiring my attention. I am a happy camper over this one!

Looks just like the ads. and I'm sure you have seen them. I might dress it up a bit first. I really do like the way it looks as built. Dang thing has a nice feel and balance just a bit nose heavy, wich is ok,
Would look good with holly or light spaulted maple grip panels I'd bet.

Clcdawg

Bearcat
Congrats on your new gun. I picked mine up the same day as you and fired over 100 flawless rounds thru it. It shoots like a dream. Mine was test fired 27 March 2012.

Clcdawg, they are sisters!

Anybody have these on their SR1911 that they can post a pic?
19850_L.jpg

Wonder what they mean by "bonded ivory" in their description?
Think they look too much like plastic?

kingsey

Bearcat
I just picked mine up today, brought it home, cleaned it and went to the range and put 50 flawless rounds through it. I really like this gun. :lol: It was test fired on 3/12/12 and had a red sticker on it.

Tradhunter

Single-Sixer
I picked mine up today as well. $625 plus tax. Not too bad. Only waited about two months. They are nice. Congratulations on yours bro!

Tradhunter - congrats on yours too. Bet you will have as much fun as I do!
Kingsey - how did yours do? Got to fire it yet?
Clcdawg - Yep SR1911 + great gun and lots of fun!

Anybody swapped out the grips yet? Not sure I like the allen head grip screws, after about 30 rounds the grips got loose and I didn't have an allen wrench in the gun box to tighten them up..

Ruger Packer

Buckeye
jimbo1096 said:
Tradhunter - congrats on yours too. Bet you will have as much fun as I do!
Kingsey - how did yours do? Got to fire it yet?
Clcdawg - Yep SR1911 + great gun and lots of fun!

Anybody swapped out the grips yet? Not sure I like the allen head grip screws, after about 30 rounds the grips got loose and I didn't have an allen wrench in the gun box to tighten them up..

I replaced mine with Torx screws. I like the looks better.

Don't have a pic of my SR1911 with the Torx screws. Here is a pic of my PT1911 with the Torxs.

1911s010.jpg