Experience with Knovak Tritium front & rear on SR-1911

Help Support Ruger Forum:

steelshooterco

Single-Sixer
With the new Night Watchman having Knovak tritium front and rear sites, went onto their website ans saw that you can send your slide in to have them fit the front and rears.

Has anyone on the forum added the Knovak tritium's to their SR-1911 and how happy were they?

Just added a set of Crimson Trace green laser grips to my SR-1911 and really like them, but also want the night sites as well.

Thanks!

ewayte

Bearcat
I recently sent my SR1911 slide off to Novak's to have a gold bead front sight and a wide notch rear installed. Turnaround was around 2 weeks, and I couldn't be more pleased.

They ship the slide back to you in a square plastic tube that protects the sights and slide, plus they return the original sights.

eveled

Hawkeye
Night sights are great, just remember they burn out in time. They will get dimmer and dimmer until they don't work anymore. It will take about ten years.

I like them on my carry guns, but don't need them on every gun. I have no intention of ever carrying my SR1911. Just range fun. Ed

eveled said:
Night sights are great, just remember they burn out in time. They will get dimmer and dimmer until they don't work anymore. It will take about ten years.

I like them on my carry guns, but don't need them on every gun. I have no intention of ever carrying my SR1911. Just range fun. Ed

This is true. I have them on my Colt 1991 that is approx. 18yrs old and now they are just a faded white dot sight system.

rdn

Bearcat
i was rather forced into replacing my sights. my son & i were at the range with my at the time new sr1911 & after approx. 100 rounds my son tried to aim & found the rear sight was gone! it had sheared of while shooting standard target loads. i saw on rugers web sight that they offered nights sights for sale, but when i contacted ruger they said they would sell me the up grade but wouldnt install them evan if i paid the price for them. so rather than be w/o my gun for an unknown period i purchased a pair of trijicon nighgt sights & had the gun shop/range install them & was back on the range in less than 30 mins.

rdn

Bearcat
i paid 79.00 for the trijicon sifgts & i believe it was 20.00 or 25.00 to install at the gun shop/range i frequent. as i said before i was shooting within 30-mins or so.