Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Remington

• Para

• Total voters

Snobal

Bearcat
I voted for the RIA because it is made by the same folks that made my Citadel 3 1/2" .45.

My SR1911 shoots fine, but the Citadel shoots better groups from sandbags at 25 yards. :shock:

I'm shooting the SR1911 in our Bullseye matches simply because I get better offhand scores with it's longer barrel/sight radius.

The biggest difference between the two guns is that I had to make a front sight for the Citadel to get one tall enough to sight-in the gun, then replace the recoil spring to get it reliable --- while the Ruger shot fine as it came from the factory and needed no additional work.

JMHO - YRMV

swindler1

Single-Sixer
Springfield has a liftime warranty ( shipping and all ) and the best customer service you will ever find. I have 2 TRP's a Champion and a 9mm EMP.
I carry a TRP back and forth to the shop every day and have put over 9000 rounds ( 75% of those were my own reloads ) through it without a hiccup. I swear you could pound a rock in some brass and this gun would feed it.

DGW1949

Hunter
I couldn't vote because there weren't no "old Colt" catergory. Didn't see one for the Argentine M1927 either, which is fundamentaly the same gun.

Oh well, so it goes for us old dinasours.

DGW

smitty_bs

Bearcat
Smith and Wesson, no forward serrations, military guide rod, wood grips. Great customer service rep (never used it though).
100_0101.jpg

There are multiple good choices for 1911's, so I cannot choose just one.

My favorite choices, however, will never include modern specimens imported from South America or the Phillipines.

WAYNO.

I voted Springfield. My reason being, I beleive, from personal experience, they have the best warranty in the industry. I'll post some pics of it after work, if i can connect my phone to my PC. Otherwise i'll need to hunt up the digicam, Set it down somewere after posting pics of the CZ75B stainless.

MOUNTAIN WILLIAM

Blackhawk
knuckles said:
>>>>>>>> Dan Wesson! <<<<<<<<
Arokcrwlr said:
I have three Dan Wessons one Springer, and one Colt - so i guess my favorite is Dan Wesson.

Why? Fit, finish, no MIM - all around great right out of the box.

Dan Wesson in 10mm is my #1 choice, #2 choice is a Les Baer and it's a distance off.

IMG_0631.jpg

pmmm

Bearcat
New to the forum.

I've only owned 1911 guns until recently. I voted Kimber. I have a 9mm Kimber Ultra CDP II that has about 1000 rounds downrange with zero problems.

I had a Wilson Supergrade that was the nicest gun in the world as far as I was concerned. I sold it because it was a safe queen, too expensive for CC, and used the money to remodel some of the house. It was a honey due that was a long time coming. I wish I had not sold it. They don't make that particular gun any longer and the value has skyrocketed.

I have a Nighthawk Heinie PDP in 45 caliber that is pretty big bucks and it shoots like a dream as well. It is pretty much a safe queen like the Wilson was. I should have sold the Nighthawk and kept the Wilson. I could kick myself.

I also have a S&W 38 spcl revolver that I am selling. I recently bought the Ruger LC9 that I hope will be a great gun. I just picked it up yesterday and haven't even had the chance to fire it yet. I'll hit the range on Saturday. I'm intending this gun to be my daily CC.

Thanks for listening. I have never owned a Ruger before so I am looking forward to getting aquatinted with the guns.

Regards,

Pat

seymour balz

Bearcat
Colt got my vote. I have Remington Rand, Argentine and Ithaca Gov. models. A pre-70 series Gold Cup and a LW Commander. So you might say I'm a bit biased.