Engraved ROA

Help Support Ruger Forum:

TENFAN

Single-Sixer
For those following along, I have always wanted a Ruger Old Army that David Clements converted to a 5 shot .50 caliber. Since he quit making them due to supply issues and now with his retirement my chances were getting slimmer and slimmer to ever acquire one. Well earlier this year I found one that hadn't been shot much and it was in the exact configuration I would have had built myself. It has a 6 1/2" octagon barrel but it had some butt ugly ill fitting grips on it. I called David to ask a few questions about it and sent him a picture and the first words out of his mouth were "I did not put those stocks on it!" I sent it to Chig's Grips for some fantastic Desert Ironwood and Since this is my "Grail" gun I wanted to make it more special so I sent it off to Bobby Tyler back in July to have it engraved. I got the call today that it has been completed and was ready to come home!

Last edited:

Rclark

Hunter
Very tasteful engraving. Not over done. I like it. Not much there that says it is a ROA any more though. Different barrel, different grip frame, and different caliber :) . That said, still a very nice revolver!!! A keeper.

HW11

Single-Sixer
You got yourself something right there. My goodness I love it. I can close my eyes and smell the smoke when it goes off. I have some plastic guns and carried them for almost my entire carrier but I just really love the elegance of steel.