Elmer Keith's Salmon ID Home For Sale

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Due to the passing of our Dad, my sister and I have no choice but to sell this wonderful and historic home. We are asking 550k. It sits on a large lot along side Elmer's detatched trophy room. The house was added on to in 1994 then when my parents bought it in 2000, they updated it more. It has a Generac whole home auto transfer generator and full lot sprinkler system. 406-437-8471

Dad and I stopped in to see Elmer at that house a couple times. The last time was right after he had the trophy room built out back. So it's been a while. While standing in that trophy room, dad asked for a load for his new Ruger No. 1 (3?) and Elmer took an old envelope and jotted a load from memory. I remember dad and I shooting one round a piece and then pulling the rest. It was equivalent to a hot .458 Win Mag load. I think I still have that envelope somewhere in the stash of dad's stuff.

In the home, dad and Elmer were BSing and I kind of strolled around. I noticed Elmer had a gun of some sort about every 5-10 feet in the house. Laying around everywhere. I've noticed in my old age that I've gotten the same way.
When dad passed I went back home to Idaho to gather up his stuff and part of that was dad's huge library of gun books, including signed copies of Elmer Kieth's books. Sadly water got into the books and destroyed a couple and of course it was the one's signed by Elmer. I was heartbroken. Like I had lost a love one because I knew dad and Elmer were friends, and dad was probably spinning in his grave about this.

Last edited:

tarbe

Bearcat
Very cool.

My first time in Salmon (1987) I had to make a point to drive past this place and pay homage to Elmer.

GLWS