Ejector for 257 Wby Ruger #1

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Fred M

Bearcat
Changing over from 7x57 to 257Wby do I need a different ejector.
Do I need a 780 000 370 S125 or do I need a
780 000 372 S126

I phoned Brownell and they did not know, but their catalog list them both for all
models for the Ruger #1 except two. Which model would be in the 7x57.

Anybody knows?

picketpin

Buckeye
Beats the heck out of me. You need the extractor for the belted mags, same as the 300 Win Mag, 7mm Mag, 7mm STW , 375 H&H and the 458 Win Mag along with the rest of the belted mags. Call Ruger and they can give you the correct part number. Heck it might actually be as cheap through Ruger as Brownells.

I just buy them from Ruger when I need them.

There are 5 extractors. One that is specific to the 218 Bee, the one for the small base cases 223, and similar cartridges. Your 7x57 has the standard 30-06 extractor ala 22-250, 243, 6mm, 257 Roberts, 25-06, 270 Win, 30-06 and the rest that size. There is a seperate extractor for the belted mags and one for the large rimmed cases.

Ross

picketpin

Buckeye
Fred: I think the Brownell "problem" might be the same one you would have by looking at the owners manual that comes with your #1. They list part numbers but they all have the same number for the extractor which must be a "core" or basic number and you need the additional digits to get things specific for cartridge.

I bought a barrel band for the sling for an "S" from Brownells once. When it got here it was the band for a 416 Rigby or something else wearing the "D" barrel. I think I still have the darned thing I called them and their and their answer was "You ordered one for a #1 with an Alex Henry forearm and factory sights and THAT'S what we sent you". Argh......

Good luck, so you decided to use that AB? ;-) If you ever decide to sell or swap that forearm for a "B" forearm drop me a note. I got stupid and used the one off my 223 AB when I installed the Alex Henry forearm.

Ross

Fred M

Bearcat
Ross.
No I am not using the AB. I have another 7x57 made up from parts. That is what I am using for the 257Wby.

Thanks for all the good advise.
Fred M

Greg Mercurio

Single-Sixer
Fred: The case head diameter for the .257 Wby is the same as the .375 H&H. The ejector for a .300/.375 H&H ought to work just fine.

Fred M

Bearcat
Big disaster Ruger Canada wont sell me an ejector because of the change in caliber. Quote:

Because the caliber was changed I will not be able to sell you the ejector. Ruger has a policy to keep their gun original.

How you like that for apples. Where do I get an ejector to carry on with my 257Wby project. Does anyone have a magnum ejector spare.

Can the 7x57 ejector modified to a magnum ejector.

Please help.

Fred M

Fred M

Bearcat
Roof inspector.
Thanks for the info. On Monday I will order a S126 from Brownell and that should do the trick. I hope they wont give me any trouble with shipping to Canada. I had several Items refused they were not allowed to ship to Canada.

This is crazy we are being chastized by both sides. I am all done redoing Ruger #1 Rifles. The Ruger Inc. rules are the worst, they wont even ship you a piece of wood. It is no wonder they slowly caving in

This Ruger Forum is god send, and thanks to all again who responded
Fred M .

roofinspector

Single-Sixer
Hi Fred,

Let's hope that Brownell's comes thru for you. They do have some wording on international shipping of parts on their website(link is at bottom of their homepage). I see some wording about 100 bucks or less in one section, so that might be good.

We all have had our ups and downs with parts from the original manufacturer. My days of buying new No.1's are over.

Keep the faith, you do nice work.....the wood and steel keeps us going.............. :)

Roof

Fred M

Bearcat
Roof.
Well Brownell don't have them in stock, and back ordered the ejector. God knows how long that is going to take. Perhaps Ruger is not supplying ejectors to Brownell. I am having bad vibes.

picketpin

Buckeye
Fred: PM me your address. I have to go into town on the 8th, to the VA and I'll send you a 7mm Mag ejector/extracor (predicated on how tight the spring is)

Whatever it's cost you from Ruger/Brownells and the shipping charge that will be on the padded envelope I send it in. Fair?? Do you want it shipped any way special? I might need to replace it someday so can't afford to give it as a gift. I have extras but not for belted mags.

If I ship parts to South Africa they have to be Certified and Registered, just to get there. I think the Canadian Post Office is just SLOW and EXSPENSIVE but not criminal.

Ross