Downrange pic

Help Support Ruger Forum:

KTM

Single-Sixer
CD, here's mine, it's at the family farm. Photos taken July 2008. My brother was sighting in his 10/22 after we put a Tapco stock on it. The near target is on skids and we can drag it to what ever distance we want it at. We have various distances marked out on posts that are on the right along the fence line but out of view in the photos. I've never measured the distance from the bench to the far target, which is fixed at that location, I would guess it's somewhere around 1100 feet. We used to use a portable bench with the fixed target and would move the bench. Now we typically only use the fixed target for handgun shooting.

HomeRifleRange.jpg

HomeRifleRange2.jpg

Here's my range. It's in Illinois, the only drawback is, it's a 2 hour drive from my house (one way.) So I don't get to go shooting as much as I'd like. On the positive side, there is a place with the best fried chicken about 1/2 way.

The best thing about where I shoot is there is a 100 and 200 yard range, with separate ranges for pistols, one is 50 yards, the others are around 20.

In the first photo, The big berm is 100 yards, and the white tent is for the 200 yard range. (that's my truck in the foreground.
range1.jpg

This is a photo of the 50 yard pistol ranges. I had my 10/22 set up on it.
range2.jpg

KTM

Single-Sixer
CD, thanks! It's under about a foot or so of snow right now. :roll: Soon it will be brown like it was back in April of 2009 when my friend Kevin was out to site in his father's old .303 British. That day we also had my old Mossberg, 151M-B, .22 auto that once belonged to one of my uncles and my Ruger, Single Six in .32 H&R mag along for fun.

Rifle%20Range_April-2009.jpg

Mossberg_22auto.jpg

Here's a close up view of the fixed target that's at the far end of the range. This was back in August of 2008 when my friend Art and I were out shooting some handguns. There's a 3/8" thick steel plate hanging behind the plywood, we added that after 3 of the 4 wires on the wire fence were hit. One of the wires was hit twice. :x

Handgun_Target.jpg

bigflash1

Bearcat
I just looked and don't really have a pic of the range itself. Just a few of my favorite shooting buddy. She's away to college now though..
Range is in Richmond Hill, GA. I'll get some actual range pic's next time I go.

At_the_range.jpg

45flattop

Single-Sixer
CD, I thought I would afford you a chance to see my club range as
well but there are far too many pictures to load onto my photobucket
account so I'm posting the link to our club's website picture page and
anyone interested can see for themselves if they wish. Excuse me for
taking the easy way out but photobucket is acting weird lately so this
had to be my solution for now.

http://www.magnoliarpc.com/Pictures/

BuckJM53

Single-Sixer
Here is the 100 yard underground rifle range that was put in last year where I shoot. It's a pretty nifty setup with the Kongsberg electronic targeting system (a bit pricey though a $10/hr for members $16/hr for non-members). It accomodates rifles up to 50BMG
VandaliaRifle.jpg

KTM

Single-Sixer
Tookalisten, here are some detail photos of the shooting bench my father built, that are in my photos above. He mostly used some left over redwood and cedar we had laying around the farm, I think he used some pressure treated lumber for the seats:

Shooting_Bench_01.jpg

Shooting_Bench_02.jpg

Shooting_Bench_03.jpg

Shooting_Bench_04.jpg

Shooting_Bench_05.jpg

Shooting_Bench_06.jpg

And one gratuitous photo of the horses that watched intently but kept their distance the day we hauled the bench out to the range.

Shooting_Bench_07_Horses.jpg

Here's a link to a set of plans for a similar shooting bench:

http://www.horstguns.com/ShootingBench.htm

I_Like_Pie

Blackhawk
Here is my shooting area...right in the middle of 500yard prone. With iron sights those targets, despite being 3 foot wide, are quite small. My buddy didn't like this picture of his better side

1101091512a.jpg

SAA

Bearcat
We have a long cold winter here in Sweden and this year we got a lot of snow, It´s not over yet but the sun is coming back and the weather is finally getting better so I took my Rugers to the range today for some "quality time"..
range1.jpg

range2.jpg

range3.jpg

The first outdoor competition of this season is just a few weeks away so I need to practice and yes the first competition will be in this kind of weather. :D
Maybe I´ll post some pics later to show you how much fun we have.. :wink:

KTM

Single-Sixer
SAA, those photos looks like they could have been taken in Wisconsin today. It's been quite warm here lately so our snow is melting but there's still plenty out in my field. Nice Rugers! :D

550 cord

Bearcat
A little late in posting, but here's the range where I work (volunteer RSO). It's located near Clarksville, TN. The website, if anyone is interested http://shoottn.org/

First pic is of the Friday RSO crew, standing in front of the 100 meter rifle range. I'm the big, ugly guy on the left, with Dickies sweatshirt.

View from the firing line of the 100 meter range.

Stationary shotgun range.

400 meter rifle range

Archery range

We also have a 25 meter pistol range, but I can't find the pic. Trap and skeet is on the other side, and a sporting clays course. You can see pics of that side on the website.