DOM Single Six and approx value

Help Support Ruger Forum:

XP100

Blackhawk
Single Six looks like it is in real nice condition. # 414242 year made? and approx. value before I drive 100+ miles ot look at it. Can't figure out how to copy and paste picture from ad here.

should be 1965 but what length barrel?? whats all with it?? was it converted ( safety update) and on and on..........this past weekend I was told there was one at the Lima ,Ohio show higher number RSS5, 1966, in the box ,converted ,nice gun and he wanted $650 for it,, no one bought it from what we were told.........:unsure:
....it may be at this weeks Medina ,Oh gun show, as well as a rare in the box RSS4 X for about twice that price.......ssssooooooo:cool:;)

area51guy

Bearcat
Single Six looks like it is in real nice condition. # 414242 year made? and approx. value before I drive 100+ miles ot look at it. Can't figure out how to copy and paste picture from ad here.
I have 4169xx, bought used in 1972 for the princely sum of $65.00 out the door! It came to me with adjustable micro sights and a nice set of stag grips. The magnum cylinder in it's bag was also included. No box or papers. Here's a picture.
IMG_1537.JPG

contender

Ruger Guru
area51guy,, nice plum colored OM .22 there.
Question,, That gun looks a bit "odd" where the sights are concerned. I believe the sights on that gun are "aftermarket. The Ruger factory adjustable sights have a different frame cut. Yours looks like the drift dovetail was removed & an aftermarket adjustable one as well as the front sight with the pinned blade.

yes, those are the Micro sights that were available for the early "non adjustable" ( drift) sight ,used the rear notch and the front was drilled through and pinned to the round front sight blade.....much like the "premiere" rounded loading gates for those who did NOT like the early 'flat" loading gate, yes both after market but could have been orde3red through and maybe installed at the factory service department, we have one flatgate that was sent back by a family friend back in the day and had the "Premiere" gate installed by Ruger, was done for Mr Emil Marolt in the latter 1950s............
he had Mr Ruger put on fancier walnut grips at the same time........;)

Attachments

• 46015 RSS set.JPG
    46015 RSS set.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 61