Do I NEED a Colt 1911??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

princeout

Blackhawk
Sure! This is the pistol I learned to shoot with, over 50 years ago!! My dad's service pistol, built during WWII, issued in Japan to Pop for courier duty while returning to Korea after a brief hospital stay following his " I forgot to duck" moment. He was shot in the left arm by some Chinese guy with a Russian PpSh 41.

Tim

Jayhawkhuntclub

Buckeye
No you don't need one. But you probably didn't need a Ruger either. However, you probably won't regret getting one. I really like my National Match. In fact, I believe the blued national match with wood grips and gold medallion is the best looking production handgun made: YMMV. My next 1911 will probably be a Colt LWC in 9mm. Colt doesn't make the best 1911s. But they do make very nice ones. And something about having that pony on it that makes it special. :wink:

Bushwack

Bearcat
I have numerous 1911s but I can't imagine ever selling the Colt. Not that its my favorite 1911. But just like every guy should have a black suit, every shooter should have a Colt.

sliclee

Single-Sixer
I bought a Colt pistol 1911 Delta Elite 10 mm in SS with 4 extra mag SS, was a new model,DSXXXXE.
I never cared for the 1911 was always big clunky gun. Revolvers were my first experience, then SA Rugers and Colt
Have a few european semis I use, more refined.Cleaned and lubed CLP DRIP DRY.
Bought corbon and medium stuff went to range with a 30 yd area.
used 2 cartridges of each mixed in each magazine how comfortable to hold, targets were backs 4 rows of circles 3, 2, 3,2,3
Gun was remarkably accurate, not a bobble,mags worked fine, the 135 grain bullets shot an inch or more higher than 150 or 180's,I expected that. I was forced to give up one magazine to my neighbor,next bay,
he was good,what a grin after shooting. We exchanged numbers,I told him of my cowboy shooting club, he did come and got sucked right in, lots of shooting, different guns.
The Delta 1911 has a place, right along with my 44's. Lee
PS wife as usual doesn't like it, to many things to do,revolvers only