Dissapointed wtih LCR!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

platypus

Bearcat
LuckenbachTexas said:
Concealing and SAA is pretty simple.

I used to say this like ole boy up there says "I don't worry about any "print""

Until I saw a cop ask a guy to pull his shirt up in a Restaurant and took him to jail based on "Print".

Some folks think "ah, if its a print, maybe its my knife or cell phone". Well if your phone is printing they can assume its a gun and if they ask someone to pull up the shirt, they are going to get it right a certain percentage of the time.

Why would a cop ask someone to pull up their shirt and why would a print land them in jail unless they were carrying without a license in the first place? I'm confused...please explain.

writwing

Single-Sixer
Just saw a video comparing the 357 LCR bs a J frame. The J frame is longer and higher. The trigger guard was only slightly bigger than the Smith.

Chortdraw

Bearcat
I like my lcr and find it a great gun for carry. I made a very comfortable appendix carry holster that works when I am driving and I have carried it many times and no one has ever noticed. Being of short height I needed a gun that did not drag on the ground :lol: The gun is very loud when fired but with my CT grips I can shoot from behind the telephone pole. I guess to each his own but it fits my bill

GeorgiaShooter

Bearcat
writwing said:
Just saw a video comparing the 357 LCR bs a J frame. The J frame is longer and higher. The trigger guard was only slightly bigger than the Smith.

Finally someone else watched that video before slamming the LCR. Hey also with the CT grips the LCR really shrinks to another level and I think is a much better feel in my hand too. Even with recoil I realized the factory grip is more about perception than reality. It doesn't add as much protection against recoil as people think. But the smaller CT grip makes you have a much better, more solid grip.

skeeziks

Bearcat
The reason for the large trigger guard is to accommodate women with really long fingernails.

I don't know....

off road

Single-Sixer
GeorgiaShooter said:
writwing said:

Finally someone else watched that video before slamming the LCR.

I own both....so I don't have to watch no freaking video to make a comparison!

ASRuger

Single-Sixer
I just put a set of the Crimson Trace grips on my LCR and they "feel" better due to the shape than the boot grip but hurt a bit more to shoot. Still I think the advantage they give is worth it.

I still have yet to find a pair of my pants or shorts that will let me pocket carry my J frame but the LCR's massively huge bulbous trigger guard just won't fit. Either they both fit or they both don't.

writwing

Single-Sixer
off road said:
GeorgiaShooter said:
writwing said:

Finally someone else watched that video before slamming the LCR.

I own both....so I don't have to watch no freaking video to make a comparison!

Glad to hear it! Unfortunately not everyone owns both. The link was posted for those who are intetested.
We understand you've a wild hair about the LCR. You are obviosly in the minority.

off road

Single-Sixer
We understand you've a wild hair about the LCR. You are obviosly in the minority.

When you set out to build a light compact revolver....best not to forget to actually make it compact enough to be an improvment on the J-frame.

red ryder

Single-Sixer
I've owned a S&W 642 (since sold it) and have an LCR. After reading all the positive and negative comments about both revolvers I must say that discussing which flavor ice cream, chocolate or vanilla was the best one would be just as interesting a debate. I long ago realized that guns and their accessories (holsters) are really a matter of personal opinion based on comfort, personal bias and maybe some other insignificant (to most people) personal belief. Both the S&W J frame and the Ruger LCR are good small revolvers, suitable for concealed carry. In my case, the LCR is a viable alternative to the 1911 I carry during the cooler months. In my part of the country, it's very humid in the summer. This makes it uncomfortable to conceal a 1911, so I opt for a small revolver. I don't trust the new tiny semi-autos to perform flawlessly, although a seven round capacity semi-auto certainly has an advantage over a five round revolver. My experience with reliability of small semi-autos has not been good. Therefore I carry my LCR from June to September in my front jeans pocket in a Don Hume leather pocket holster. I wear Levi jeans because of the larger front pockets that are unavailable in other brand jeans. There is no printing, which is not a problem in Pennsylvania as a recent case of open carry (in Philadelphia) was tossed out of court. It's legal in Pennsylvania, although stupid IMO to do so. So for me, a S&W J frame or an LCR is a perfect deep concealment firearm. Evidently it's not for many others, but I'm not going to suggest to anyone to do as I do. What works for me will not work for another. That's why they make both boxers and briefs. :lol:

ASRuger

Single-Sixer
off road said:
When you set out to build a light compact revolver....best not to forget to actually make it compact enough to be an improvment on the J-frame.

Let's see, compared to a 642:
Better trigger...check
Better sights...check
Lighter...check
Same price or less...check
Still fits in the same pocket...check.

I'd say it's an improvement. If it was smaller (b/c you said "improvement") than a J frame it would be even less shootable for adult hands.

chris_

Blackhawk
ASRuger said:
off road said:

Let's see, compared to a 642:
Better trigger...check
Better sights...check
Lighter...check
Same price or less...check
Still fits in the same pocket...check.

I'd say it's an improvement. If it was smaller (b/c you said "improvement") than a J frame it would be even less shootable for adult hands.
.357...check

Rockimook

Bearcat
I'm thinking about getting a lcr for summer carry. Will a remora holster work as well in the pocket as a desantis pocket holster? Can't really tell how big the remora holster is by looking at it online.

ASRuger

Single-Sixer
Mine does not only b/c the LCR goes into the remora holster a little bit farther than it does with the desantis nemesis. So when I get a full firing grip on the gun, my middle finger can pinch some holster material between against the trigger guard, dragging the draw. The Nemesis has a full cut and this doesn't happen.
I think that the remora does a better job as an iwb holster but not against bare skin.

Rockimook

Bearcat
ASRuger said:
Mine does not only b/c the LCR goes into the remora holster a little bit farther than it does with the desantis nemesis. So when I get a full firing grip on the gun, my middle finger can pinch some holster material between against the trigger guard, dragging the draw. The Nemesis has a full cut and this doesn't happen.
I think that the remora does a better job as an iwb holster but not against bare skin.

Okay, let me rephrase it. Does it fit as well?

ASRuger

Single-Sixer
Rockimook said:

Well, remora and desantis nemesis both will fit in my pocket. As far as LCR to holster fit... the LCR goes into the remora farther making it a little more difficult to draw consistently. So I don't think that the LCR fits in the remora as well as the Desantis Nemesis. Is that what you're looking for?

Rockimook

Bearcat
ASRuger said:
Rockimook said:

Well, remora and desantis nemesis both will fit in my pocket. As far as LCR to holster fit... the LCR goes into the remora farther making it a little more difficult to draw consistently. So I don't think that the LCR fits in the remora as well as the Desantis Nemesis. Is that what you're looking for?

I liked the idea of the remora holster if it fit in the pocket, because if so I prob only need one holster. So yes you answered my question with your first sentence. Thanks