Did I get a good deal ??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

luv2shoot

Bearcat
Picked up this MK lll standard 6" with a Ultradot Matchdot , rosewood grips,
he said he sent it to Volquartsen for a trigger job and a bolt racker. and came
with 4 mags. said it had less then 500 rounds through it. I'll take it to the range
tomorrow see how it shoots. got it for $400 I think with the extras it's not a bad price.

forsale049_zpseb5bf7a0.jpg

forsale048_zpsfbfa416e.jpg

From the picture and what we "see" that's all there, I'd say it was a very GOOD deal, I think though it is NOT a "standard" but actually a 6 7/8 inch target, seems like the tapered barrel is a bit "thicker" , has the front and rear sight 'body' of a 'target" gun..............with the bolt 'closed' and NO ammo ( empty) you can put a cleaning rod in the bore and measure from the bolt 'face' to the end of the barrel, see exactly what she measures in at........
a very NICE "package" indeed :wink:

luv2shoot

Bearcat
How do you like that, rugerguy you are right it is a target model. Took a good look and look what I found. Don't even know what I'm buying :oops: Thanks

forsale_zpsa68be1ed.jpg

luv2shoot

Bearcat
Could someone tell me when Ruger stopped making this model. I did some searching but can't find much on it.

kacher1

Bearcat
Edit: Sorry--these are Mark II's. Bullseye has the correct Mark III info below.//

I have that model in SS and factory drilled and tapped. It's from 2005 and I think that's the last year of manufacture for both the MK678 and KMK678 models.

Also have the MK678 model from early 1983.

IMG_4699.jpg
Stainless

IMG_4693.jpg
Standard

Bullseye57

Single-Sixer
You got a really great deal with all the extras like the scope, trigger upgrade, and custom grips. The MkIII678, Model 10106 was discontinued from production by Ruger in 2011.

R,
Bullseye