Decided to keep it.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gatorhugger

Blackhawk
Well if you decided to keep it I can tell a quick story. In 1994 I gave one of these to my nephew, I never had one before, I have not seen one since. He was 17, and walked around goofy and in love with it like it was something ninja. Honestly I thought it was for deer skinning. I haven't thought about it since, or had a memory of giving it to him at all since that night. He was murdered about a month later by a gang that surrounded him while he was riding his bicycle to a friends house. He was shot in the neck with a 30.06. Giving him this knife was the last thing I remember talking to him about. I don't know why I just posted that, but had to.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
gatorhugger,

I'm awfully sorry for your loss. That is indeed a sad chain of events but at least you retain a great remembrance of a kindness to your nephew, an obvious cherished possession that you gave him, and he appreciated.

welder

Buckeye
gatorhugger said:
I don't know why I just posted that, but had to.

Maybe you needed to and maybe we needed to hear. I am sorry you bear that tragedy in memory and am very sorry for your loss.

When I read a post such as yours, it reminds me that all we really ever have is now. Maybe we should try to connect as many good things and memories as possible to the present.

Your post causes me to remember my fellow man and consider the burden or pain he may be carrying.

gatorhugger

Blackhawk
It was a good thing to see the knife.it unlocked a memory that was totally hidden.I don't visit here everyday and haven't been in the classified in ages,yet there it was as if meant to be. Or maybe just chance,I guess odds are eventually I would see a Wyoming knife again given time.
But what it confirms is we don't forget as much as we think. Events,especially human interactions for some reason just get stored deep in our hard drive mind. I just needed a trigger to bring it and my nephew, back to life for a while. It greatly added to my concious memory of him. Thank you pawpaw,and the kind messages.